Rundll Error Loading

Hello,
I a etting the following the message when Iload up my Dell laptop: c:\windows\dxtydp.dll
The specified module could not be found. If I click ok then it goes away. It is just annoying and I wanted to get rid of it. If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks!
3 answers Last reply
More about rundll error loading
  1. Taahirah said:
    Hello,
    I a etting the following the message when Iload up my Dell laptop: c:\windows\dxtydp.dll
    The specified module could not be found. If I click ok then it goes away. It is just annoying and I wanted to get rid of it. If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Well, even Google has never heard of it.

Since that's the situation, it brings us to "Maybe's"

1st. Maybe....

You were hit with a virus that did not complete it's own installation, but is in the startup section of Windows. Go here and get a free program named "Autoruns" (from Microsoft):

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

Run the program. Click the "Logon" tab and look for suspicious entries.
    Under the Description bar, it will indicate the vendor or description of the programs.

Hackers usually don't go through all the trouble of "filling in the blanks" and they also may not know a word of English, or any other language other than their own, so look for just a bunch of keys for a filename with no description and an executable (under "image Location" that you can't identify). You can block it (un-check it) from starting with windows and see if any strange startup programs you turn off cure the problem. If disabling something fixes your machine, the image path will show where the executable is on your hard drive and you can delete it. If you un-check something that turns out to be useful, you can return and check the box enabling it again.

2nd. Maybe....

You can also an anti-virus program that might find your Windows problem.

Try: Malwarebytes: (Free)

http://www.malwarebytes.org/
  2. Thank you very much for your help! I am having trouble downloading your first suggestion. I have to extract the files but when I try to do that it does nothing and I can't find them on my computer.

tigsounds said:
    Well, even Google has never heard of it.

Since that's the situation, it brings us to "Maybe's"

1st. Maybe....

You were hit with a virus that did not complete it's own installation, but is in the startup section of Windows. Go here and get a free program named "Autoruns" (from Microsoft):

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

Run the program. Click the "Logon" tab and look for suspicious entries.
    Under the Description bar, it will indicate the vendor or description of the programs.

Hackers usually don't go through all the trouble of "filling in the blanks" and they also may not know a word of English, or any other language other than their own, so look for just a bunch of keys for a filename with no description and an executable (under "image Location" that you can't identify). You can block it (un-check it) from starting with windows and see if any strange startup programs you turn off cure the problem. If disabling something fixes your machine, the image path will show where the executable is on your hard drive and you can delete it. If you un-check something that turns out to be useful, you can return and check the box enabling it again.

2nd. Maybe....

You can also an anti-virus program that might find your Windows problem.

Try: Malwarebytes: (Free)

http://www.malwarebytes.org/
  3. depending on your browser, you can find your downloads by going to tools and looking for something in the form of "downloads". it will either open up its own list of downloads (such as in Firefox and Google Chrome) or it will open the folder containing the file (such as Internet Explorer)
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Laptops Dell Rundll Windows XP