Why do my laptop keyboard and mouse freeze

Hi.
I own an Acer Aspire 6530 laptop. Whenever I play an MMORPG, or sometimes even if I'm on youtube, my keyboard and mouse will freeze while the screen keeps working. I don't know if this has something to do with the Acer laptop itself, or the fact that I have Windows Vista. I've had it for about 3-4 years now...is there any way to fix this?

Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about laptop keyboard mouse freeze
  1. aam27 said:
    Hi.
    I own an Acer Aspire 6530 laptop. Whenever I play an MMORPG, or sometimes even if I'm on youtube, my keyboard and mouse will freeze while the screen keeps working. I don't know if this has something to do with the Acer laptop itself, or the fact that I have Windows Vista. I've had it for about 3-4 years now...is there any way to fix this?

Thanks.

Is this something that just began happening, after a Windows Auto Update, by chance ? You have plenty of memory, 2-4 GB, probably.
  2. ksiemb said:
    Is this something that just began happening, after a Windows Auto Update, by chance ? You have plenty of memory, 2-4 GB, probably.

No it's been happening for atleast over a year now, and there was no windows update involved. Anyway, thanks for your help!
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Keyboards Windows Vista