Asus A7V133 and AMD Athlon 2000+

asusmj

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
Perhaps it is cooling problem.
When it stops was temperature 50 Celsius. (But it is not much...)
I have 350W power.
(Only one netcard and one harddriver)

MJ

rickzor

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2007
1666 mhz core and 133 fsb is the what that cpu was designed for, you may have a motherboard or ram problem.
Which motherboard and what type of ram are you using?

endyen

Splendid
To start, your mobo supports palomino xp chips, so I hope you are not trying to use a t-bred chip.
The place to start is to make sure you are in jumperfree mode. To do that, check to make sure dipswitches 1 thru 5 are in the off position. Then make sure that the jen jumper is on pins 2 and 3.
If that is how things are now, you may have to go to jumpered mode. To do that, put the jumper on jen at 1 and 2, and switch the dipswitch number three to the on position. Then the DSFID switches need to be 1 and 2 off, 3,4,5 and 6 on.
There are also 4 VID jumpers that you need to check. Without knowing the voltage your chip uses, I would not hazard a guess as to how those should be set. You can get the voltage by looking at the top of your chip, then look on page 24 of your manual.
If you do have the tbred chip you may be able to get it to work using jumper mode, as it uses a lower voltage than the palomino chips
Good luck.

asusmj

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
Thanks endyen,

I use jumpers and I have all just like you say.
CPU is palomino xp.
I try still set more cooling.

It works with 1250MHz.

MJ