Sign in with
Your question

Memory for an Intel DX48BT2 Motherboard and Core 2 Duo E8500 Processor

Last response: in Memory
April 25, 2008 5:27:27 PM

Hi all,

I am looking to build a new system and use some of the parts that I already have.

Currently, I have an Intel C2D E8500 Processor and am looking at buying an Intel DX48BT2 Mobo. I am trying to decide which memory to purchase for it. I will be running 64bit Vista Ultimate, so I am looking in the area of 4GB of RAM. The rest of my pc is as follows:

Case: Lian-Li PC-V1000Z (Tenative)
Power Supply: (To Be Decided)
Motherboard: Intel DX48BT2 (Tenative)
Processor: Intel C2D E8500
Memory: (To Be Decided)
Video Card: 512MB ATI Radeon X800XL (Will Be Upgraded)
Sound Card: Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Series
Hard Drive: 2x Western Digital SATA-1 36GB Raptors in RAID-0 Array
Hard Drive: Western Digital SATA-2 500GB (For Storage)
Optical Drive: Sony DL DVD+/-RW
Optical Drive: Sony CD-RW/DVD-ROM

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
April 25, 2008 5:50:24 PM

Unfortunately, I have not been seeing the dx48bt2 on the memory configurators (New Mobo). Also, I am hearing all this stuff about how i should go with "XMP" memory.
Related resources
a b } Memory
April 25, 2008 6:39:22 PM

Choose the company you prefer. Send an emal to support and ask. I have found this approach to be helpful many times.
April 25, 2008 11:09:34 PM

Just be sure to get RAM rated at the 1.8V DDR2 standard; Intel MBs aren't as friendly to overclocked RAM that needs higher-than-standard voltages.
April 26, 2008 12:13:34 AM

Mondoman said:
Just be sure to get RAM rated at the 1.8V DDR2 standard; Intel MBs aren't as friendly to overclocked RAM that needs higher-than-standard voltages.

The DX48BT2 is a DDR3 Motherboard, so DDR2 is out.
a b } Memory
April 26, 2008 12:18:47 AM

Along the lines of Mondoman, Intel MBs are not known for their superior adjustibility in BIOS, they can be pretty simple when compared to Enthusiasts boards made by ASUS for example. I have one Intel board currently running and have owned one other. The company's MB are way down the list on what I consider great boards when company's like ASUS, Gigabyte and ABIT offer what they do in the line of 'enthusiasts' MBs. As long as the BIOS of the Intel board your are looking at allows enough adjustment for the RAM voltage it should work out fine as far as RAM running or not , but don't expect anything fabulous performance wise from an Intel MB.
September 25, 2009 1:37:46 PM

Sonofarita, did you get that system overclocked with the DX48BT2 Mobo and E8500. I have the same computer parts but can't seem to overclock it. If you found out how to can you please send me all the different chagnes you had to make?

pierogi
!