• Computers
  • CD-Rom
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 23, 2010 10:13:22 PM

Hello,
im tryin to use my cd-r to burn music onto but the cd doesnt show up anywhere on my computer when i put it in. it use to work but i think its to do with settings on my computer. please help

More about : blank wont work windows

July 23, 2010 10:22:34 PM

What program are you using to burn the disc, and second. if you click start->my computer, what do you see as the available CD-ROM Drive?
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 23, 2010 10:31:45 PM

im using windows media, i,v also tried itunes. it has work for me in the past. well wen i say in the past i mean bout 6 months ago. i have check my computer and devices and removable storage but nuting is there. im not that well up on the computer world but i know where everything is! now im goin to sound stage sayin this but when i put the disk in it does make the buzz noise like its doin something! and in media player it just say's connect to burner and in itunes it says no disk found. Im at it all day and its really buggin me. Thanks you for gettin back to me.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 23, 2010 10:41:12 PM

should i mention that there Tesco's cd-r
July 23, 2010 10:53:44 PM

Try opening the computer and unpluging the data cable and power cable from the back of the DC-DVD +/- drive. Then reconnect them (also known as "reseating" the cables)

If after you do that, you still have problems. Try and find the drivers necessary for your CD Drive. It may be that it requires an update. and then try to install the new driver. (it will A) update your current driver, or B) replace your current driver)

If that does not work, please show us your system information (what Computer company if prebuilt, or what company the CD drive is from)

EDIT: PLEASE DO NOT CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING POSTERS LINKS, THEY ARE UNKNOWN LINKS AND MAY CONTAIN VIRUSES OR MALWARE.
July 24, 2010 12:13:35 AM

PLEASE DO NOT CLICK ON THE PREVIOUS POSTERS LINKS, THEY ARE UNKNOWN LINKS AND MAY CONTAIN VIRUSES OR MALWARE.
!