Switch to Intel

jackieboy

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2006
I just had to comment on this new Q6600 system that I just built. I am really impressed....I've been an AMD fanboy for a lot of years and let me tell you this chip is VERY impressive. I couldn't wait till AMD finally got it together on the new chips and needed to upgrade. I'm very pleased with the results. I feel I'm good for several years with this system and it performs flawlessly. Even with vista. I'm convinced

I think you'll find that most of the better experience with Vista would be because you have 4 gb's of RAM. Not sure what version of Vista you have, but that's been my understanding at this point about Vista. It's a memory hog, sorta like when XP first came out.

Ahhh just let him enjoy it. Actually a quad core will probably be better in Vista as Vista does have the ability to allocate task to specific cores. I have seen this by watching my performance monitor on my Logitech G15 gaming keyboard, it has bars for each core and while gaming one core will take the brunt of the game and the others will do the extra task and will show a load.

But either way @ the OP enjoy it. Now OC it to 3GHz, simple really just do a 333MHz FSB and you are set, and love it.

jackieboy

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2006
I came from an opty 185 system.......this smokes it.....and sure the memory helps....I tried it with just 2gigs at first to make sure everything installed correctly and it still smoked my old system...the extra memory makes everything run fast and smooth...The only thing that sucks is when I pull out my old cpu and put it on the counter the cat knocked it off and bent and broke a pin........so a perfectly good 185 down in the garbage....Now what to do with that cat....

luminaris

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2005
Good deal man. I've been building a number of new systems here lately with that same processor and even built one for myself. So far, nothing but good results.