LG LDA-531 DIVX HDMI DVD PLAYER

Last response: in Home Theatre
July 11, 2005 6:26:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.home-theater.misc,alt.video.dvd (More info?)

Just bought this player and notice that the video lacks behind the
audio a bit. Anybody notice the same thing too? Wondering should I
return it and wait for LG to come up with a firmware firx. It's
really annoying.
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 9:43:58 AM

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 02:26:27 GMT, nospam@nospam.com wrote:

>Just bought this player and notice that the video lacks behind the
>audio a bit. Anybody notice the same thing too? Wondering should I
>return it and wait for LG to come up with a firmware firx. It's
>really annoying.

Are you upconverting in the player (if that model can do that) or in
the TV?

Reason I ask is because it may be the TV upconvert processing that is
slowing down the video while no processing of the audio is
required...hence a de-sync as it were. Mine does that sometimes
(rarely) and I was considering the purchase of an up-converting DVD
player to try and fix it.
!