Arctic Silver 5 or Chill Factor 2 thermal paste?

mythor20

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2007
I wonder which of these pastes are better suited for the TRUE.

I have read a review on the TRUE on www.overclockerspulse.com.

They gave the Chill factor 2 a good word stating its very good, but I don't know how it compares to AS5?

I have looked in this forum for a while and could not find the answer, I really wish the search functionality would work.

Answers much appreciated!!!

NCCReliant

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2007
MX-2 is better than AS5 and only costs $1 more. There is no curing time for MX-2, AS5 needs 100 or 200 hrs for burn in.

anartik

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2008
I have used AS products for more than 10 years and would not use anything else. AS are one of the few products created in the US and still made here. AS has always been the benchmark all the Chinese companies have tried to imitate or surpass and often the only way they can sell it is to force it on consumers by including it with heatsink purchases. I think it was the tards over at Tweaktown who ran an "extensive" benchmark of all the Chinese junk and declared chill factor 2 the winner(of course the article was the chill factor 2 review). As I recall the results of all the wannabe products were all within 1c or less of each other. What really made the whole review a joke (other than questionable test methodology) is that they did not include any AS products in the review for comparison. Yet they went out of their way to trash AS products in the review. Money is tight and IMO their are very few if any review sites you can trust. I would speculate Tweaktown got paid well for that trash review. I own a store and I try not to sell anything I would not use myself. If I thought there was something better I would be selling it and using it.

I used AS5 on my last build and I overclocked day 1. It might take 200+ hours to cure but IMO the diff between day 1 and 200+ hours are negligible.

mythor20

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2007
I plan to put a drop in the middle of the CPU and press the heatsink onto it squarly while rotating ever so slightly to get any air pockets out.

mythor20

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2007

Mmm, thanks so much for this information, I will now use AS5, it's much of a muchness for me anyway as the TRUE is overkill for me but I wanted the best and also for long time use, the TRUE may be fitted to i7 cpu's with new mounting brackets.

Nice necro.
Your application was flawed, not a rats chance of CF2 being that much better than the AS5.

thephenom696

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011
The best thermal paste is coolaboratory liquid pro/ultra, its about 6 times better than AS5 BUT its liquid metal so conducts electricity and DO NOT install the paste on aluminium!!

the ultra version is easier to install and better

TRENDING THREADS