Sign in with
Your question

dell lcd doesnt work with p35?

Last response: in Systems
March 6, 2008 11:57:05 PM

hi i just bought a new comp. I have an old lcd monitor from dell and it has 3 rows of 5 pins on the end of the cable, but the p35 has only 2 rows of 5 pins. What can i do. I have to get into bios to turn on my 9600gt but i cant because i cant plug in my monitor. after i turn on my vc ill be golden because the adapter works fine.
any help would be greatly appreciated because i cant use m new comp!!!!!!!!!
March 7, 2008 12:12:30 AM

no, it is the mobo, i cant even plug my monitor in to get to bios so i can turn on my video card, i have to plug the monitor into the mobo first so i can get the picture to get to bios
Related resources
March 7, 2008 12:14:59 AM

herm...

Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't think P35's have onboard video. You aren't looking at the serial port on the P35 are you?

My guess is that your cable form the monitor is a VGA and you need to plug it into a DVI port on your video card. If that's the case, you need a DVI to VGA adapter.
March 7, 2008 12:15:44 AM

boy, I guess I was a bit slow!
March 7, 2008 1:28:18 AM

claytonian said:
I have to get into bios to turn on my 9600gt but i cant because i cant plug in my monitor. after i turn on my vc ill be golden because the adapter works fine.
any help would be greatly appreciated because i cant use m new comp!!!!!!!!!

The 9600GT is a video card that plugs into the motherboard and the monitor plugs into that. You do not have to get into the bios and turn the card on. You need an adapter to plug the monitor into the card. You cannot plug the monitor straight into the motherboard.
Your monitor is VGA, your card is DVI.
March 7, 2008 4:55:21 AM

Like has been said you need a VGA to DVI adapter but also make sure that you connected a 6 pin power cable from your power supply to your graphics card.
March 7, 2008 5:41:35 AM

OW OW IT HURTS.

call me crazy but 2 rows of 5 pins sounds like a serial killer to me

get the dvi to vga adapter on the video card, and make sure ... wait, have you ever built a computer? no video card can be 'turned on' in bios. you can certainly disable one of them if you have onboard and an additional add-in board.

Better yet - where did you get the computer. walmart? give us some details, a picture of the back of your computer or insides would be excellent in getting a p35 w/9600gt off the ground.
March 7, 2008 8:40:03 AM

Yes, the 2X5 does sound like a serial, but my point has been on the 9600gt the op says he has and the fact he's trying to go directly to the MB. I don't think he has a clue!
March 7, 2008 8:48:00 PM

Hey guys, thanks for the replies, im not computer illiterate but his is new for me. thanks a lot, i got it up and running! :bounce: 
March 7, 2008 9:03:49 PM

don't most new cards these days come with DVI/VGA adaptors? i'd be highly surprised if a card of such stature of the 9600GT didn't...
!