Sign in with
Your question

Windows folder size increasing by double

Last response: in Windows XP
July 24, 2010 8:40:57 PM

Hello,
please help me/ i am using compac laptop with windows xp. from last 4 days in c:windows folder size is increasing to 5gb from 3gb, all files are starting with $ symbol. system became very slow

More about : windows folder size increasing double

a b 8 Security
a b D Laptop
July 25, 2010 6:38:40 AM

yogigollapudi said:
Hello,
please help me/ i am using compac laptop with windows xp. from last 4 days in c:windows folder size is increasing to 5gb from 3gb, all files are starting with $ symbol. system became very slow

[#0005ff]Are you looking at XP files which are normally hidden, system or protected? If you are, you could delete those files because they come with updates and are redundant once trhe update is installed. If you're in Normal view mode, please post a couple of the filenames.[/#000ff]
July 25, 2010 7:40:33 AM

Any file names that start with $ are "system hidden files" These can be deleted "MOST" of the time.

Do the following to fix the problems.

Go to www.ccleaner.com and download ccleaner. (if you need help let me know)

If you want to know where the most space is being used on your computer, download "windirstat" at http://windirstat.info/wds_current_setup.exe

This will show you what is taking up space on your hdd. Let me know if you need help figuring out the program.
!