Looks like Creative "Blinked"

Worf101

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2004
Found this on another forum:

"We have read the strong feedback about Creative's forum post regarding driver development by Daniel_k and other outside parties. Creative's message posted on our behalf by our Company spokesperson tried to address our concern about the improper distribution of certain software which is the property of other companies. However, we did not make it as clear as we would have liked that we do support driver development by independent third parties. The huge task of developing driver updates to accommodate the many changes in the Vista operating system and the extensive testing required, including the lengthy Vista certification requirements for audio, makes it very difficult for Creative to develop updates for all past products. Outside developers have been very helpful to Creative and our customers by developing updates for many of our Sound Blaster products, and we do support and appreciate these efforts. This however does not extend to the unauthorized distribution of other companies' property. We hope to work out a mutually agreeable method for working with Daniel_k in supporting his efforts in driver development. Going forward, we are committed to doing a better job of working more closely with third parties to support their development for our products and our customers."

Nothing like millions of pissed off gamers smacking you in the head to wake a company up.

Da Worfster

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
I understand they seem to "get it" now... but what on earth was that VP expecting with a snotty post like that? Was he expecting the community just go "Yeah, that's right Creative... stick it to him! That dirty law-breaker!" It just should have been handled SOOO differently. Time for some PR training.

Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007

As far as I am done, creative can go away in short jerky movements.....

They havent done anything in ages thats worth having, let alone duff drivered sound cards.....

The can just go pop as far as i care and add to the list of other dead company brands

Asus sound cards will proberly do it better as they have more money anyway for engineering new products...

Home brew developers 1, bad ass companies 0......

They need to remove their head from their annus and look at what we want....

On a side note what really gets my goat as us the old time resellers - manufacturers would be where they are today as we pioneered the sales of hardware to people.....

Especially HP, Epson and anyone else on the hardware front including all laptops etc

But oh no, they go direct, you plug in a hp printer, it runs out of ink, up pops a advert to sell ink cartridges from hp, or epson or Lexmark.....

They used to recommend registered dealers in the area for machine sales.... Now they dont look after the people that made them big....

Dell pcs are next to baked beans and cereals in our supermarkets.

Just wanna say thankyou to all the greedy corporate mofos for every printer, laptop, scanner, I cant even be bothered to recommend them anymore I sell what i feel like, when I get to sell something....

This is where the anti competition commision should look at, not wether Microsoft bung in Windows live messenger, internet explorer or media player as if they wanted Firefox - which most do and they need to do is install it......

San Pedro

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I would have liked to see them try to sue the guy, there was probably no chance of getting any enforceable verdict against him since he's outside the U.S. and outside the scope of U.S. law/jurisdiction. They would have just flushed a whole bunch of money down the lawyer drain.

jalek

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
Creative still does sound cards? I thought AC97 in every motherboard would've done them in, they were never all that easy to deal with anyway.

I think the last product I bought for one of my machines was a 14.4k Modem Blaster. I do have an Auzen X-Plosion card for converting my analog stuff to digital, but no soundblasters.