You can download Tribes:vengence beta now!!! what do you t..

If you are a subscriber to fileplanet you can download it. After you play
let me know what you think of it.
4 answers Last reply
More about download tribes vengence beta
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    "Bryan Lee" <bjlee@rcn.com> wrote in message
    > If you are a subscriber to fileplanet you can download it. After you play
    > let me know what you think of it.

    It is not the next tribes in my opinion; rather maybe something of a hybrid
    of tribes and UT. To me anything produced by the unreal engine looks and
    feels cartoonish. Movement while dueling and flag D feels a little
    sluggish, though using routes and speed packs seems to produce nice speeds.
    Also there are a lot of background sounds that are easily confused with
    action close to you while they are not. Awareness is drastically diminished
    from tribes (which may be due to the learning curve) and many times I will
    die and never see my opponent, or know from what weapon, and this can happen
    while skiing full out. I like the varied terrain and building structures,
    ruins, etc. The inventory system suxors period. While I don't use
    vehicles, which slants my view, I appreciate that they are vulnerable and
    can be brought down without an act of God. I have not tried all weapons
    yet, just the basic disk, chain and grenade launcher; oh, and the blaster
    that acts more like a shotgun I think, which is great for finishing off at
    close range an already hurt enemy. The launcher has some range and is very
    dangerous to cappers it seems. I am not sure why they put those long flares
    on the jets and they distract me a lot, probably cause I'm old and half
    blind. It is comical to hit an MA and watch the jets careening the carcass
    off in uncontrolled descent. I say if you are looking for the next great
    installment of tribes you will probably be disappointed, but if you are able
    to play the game for what it is then it will be fun. It may be something
    that has to grow on you. There was even a little of that going from T1 to
    T2, and like T2 there is time and opportunity for T:V to grow. I will
    probably play it.

    Quixote
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Probably a little too early to say I don't like it...

    Tribes in name only so far. It may grow on me, but first impressions are too
    similar to my first impressions of UT2004:

    Missed opportunity.
    Disappointing.

    I'll give it a few weeks. If I'm still playing this time next month there
    may be hope for it. Meanwhile I'm not uninstalling Tribes 2
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    Is the download only available from File Planet ?

    Regards

    Cub

    "Bryan Lee" <bjlee@rcn.com> wrote in message
    > If you are a subscriber to fileplanet you can download it. After you play
    > let me know what you think of it.

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.starsiege.tribes (More info?)

    "Cubzilla" <no@way.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Is the download only available from File Planet ?

    Yes, and for now only to subscribers. You can subscribe for a month for
    $6.95 or wait a few days and it will be available for download by
    nonsubscribers too on FP, although you will still have to do the freebie
    account with FP. You have to also sign up for and receive a key during the
    download process to install it.

    Quixote

Download Games Video Games