Special bios settings for E8500

andersonx2c

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
Does is require special bios setting for the E8500? I have a Asus P5E3 and I have found out that this cpu causes random restarts. I have update the bios to latest version.

I have tried to test the cpu i a P5E motherboard as well (in a completely different computer) - the same thing happens - it restarts randomly.

So my question is: do the 45 nm cpu´s need special bios settings?

I have not changed anything in the bios.

I thought that I could just install the cpu and that was it.

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
you found out it starts random restarts?

your system does that? or your read that?

it should work fine in the p5e - you have too high oveclock with too low voltage that will cause restarts. i susspect memory voltage is too los

andersonx2c

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
Yes MY system restarts randomly. And I have touched nothing in the bios settings. Everything i default or "auto". I have not overclocked anything.

So again: is it nessesary to set the bios settings in a particular way because of the E8500?

And the PSU i new and I have also tested the system with another PSU and it restarts again...

andersonx2c

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
I have tested the memory with memtest. Switched the psu, gfx, cooler and so on. Tested the parts in a different machine. I have not changed the memory settings for ram in the bios.

So again: So again: is it nessesary to set the bios settings in a particular way because of the E8500? ;-)

roccorules

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2008
Hi! I hope you are still checking this thread anderson.

The trick is to leave everything on AUTO, except CPU voltage!
Set the CPU Voltage to 1.225V manually. The AUTO setting is too low.
It will work on the desktop at 6x multiplier, but under load it will reboot.
1.225V is the default for the E8500.