Sign in with
Your question

Windows xp sp2 installation hangs upon reaching 34 minutes remaining

Last response: in Windows XP
Anonymous
July 25, 2010 5:27:09 PM

windows xp sp2 installation hangs upon reaching 34 minutes remaining... mine is sata hard disk, i hav tried changing other sata hard disk and checked but its not working, i formatted the hard disk n checked but still it stops at 34 minutes, i tried unplugging the usb mouse but no use, and i also tried with the other RAM still the same problem,..... do u think is their possibility of mother board problem. can u pls tell me the solution.
Anonymous
July 26, 2010 5:06:30 PM

take out the video card and ur modem and check it wil work....sure
m
l
Anonymous
July 26, 2010 5:09:23 PM

thats worked for me, i have taken out the modem n checked it, its now working its not hanged the windows xp sp2 installation was successful..
m
l
Related resources
July 26, 2010 6:40:32 PM

Is 34 Minutes how long it initially tells you you need to wait? If so, just be patient. Wait for a while, go get some food, a drink maybe. When you come back after say 30 minutes to an hour, if it hasnt changed, THEN you have an issue.
m
l
October 19, 2010 3:06:48 PM

Quote:
thats worked for me, i have taken out the modem n checked it, its now working its not hanged the windows xp sp2 installation was successful..

Worked for me, too. Took out the lan card and installation was a breeze! It was causing me headache. Glad I found t his forum.
m
l
!