Windows xp sp2 installation hangs upon reaching 34 minutes remaining

windows xp sp2 installation hangs upon reaching 34 minutes remaining... mine is sata hard disk, i hav tried changing other sata hard disk and checked but its not working, i formatted the hard disk n checked but still it stops at 34 minutes, i tried unplugging the usb mouse but no use, and i also tried with the other RAM still the same problem,..... do u think is their possibility of mother board problem. can u pls tell me the solution.
4 answers Last reply
More about windows installation hangs reaching minutes remaining
  1. take out the video card and ur modem and check it wil work....sure
  2. thats worked for me, i have taken out the modem n checked it, its now working its not hanged the windows xp sp2 installation was successful..
  3. Is 34 Minutes how long it initially tells you you need to wait? If so, just be patient. Wait for a while, go get some food, a drink maybe. When you come back after say 30 minutes to an hour, if it hasnt changed, THEN you have an issue.
  4. Quote:
    thats worked for me, i have taken out the modem n checked it, its now working its not hanged the windows xp sp2 installation was successful..

Worked for me, too. Took out the lan card and installation was a breeze! It was causing me headache. Glad I found t his forum.
Ask a new question

Read More

SATA Hard Drives Windows XP