CM 690 - cable routing behind MB mount plate w/ existing cutout?

michaelpbfl

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2007
I have my CM 690, and LOVE IT! Good looking case, can put fans EVERYWHERE...

BUT, I tried running my PSU cables (Corsair vx550w) through the small cutout by the PSU (which was a pain jamming them in there), but now that I look at the other side of the case behind the MB mounting plate, there's almost no room to run the cables.

The part of the mounting plate that I would run the cables around to (the side nearest the front of the case) has a lip that is VERY close to the panel when you put that side back on. What the heck? Am I missing something? How the heck can I run my cables behind that, I can't even squeeze my pinky finger between the mounting plate and the side panel (once installed) because of that lip.

I guess I can cut part of the lip away, but hate chopping up a brand new case. Maybe I'm missing something. What do you other 690 owners do? :)

Thanks!

xringx

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
in my 690, i put all the excess cables behind the motherboard tray and taped them in.
2x140mmfansattopofcase006-1.jpg

darkguset

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
A quick cut before you put everything in will come handy, especially in fiture installations with bigger, longer PSUs. I have the same case and love it, it is very quiet, cool and roomy!. Wish i had made the cut i am talking about though before i put everything in there.. oh well... on my next upgrade, hehe..

chavey

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2008

I'm not sure what you meant by "a quick cut". I've got a 690 on the way, with a fan for the bottom. I have a pretty big pcp&c silencer 750. Is there a modification I should make before I put it together?