Sign in with
Your question

USB Jump Drive & USB BlackBerry Curve 8330 Problem

Last response: in Storage
April 16, 2009 10:54:29 AM

Ok I have a bit of a problem. For some odd reason, whenever I insert a jump drive into my machine it shows up in My Computer as "Removable Media" (not the drives name), but when I try to enter it, it tells me that "Access is Denied". I'm not too sure how it's not reading my Jump Drives though seeing as how my external HDDs are connected to the machine just fine. When I plug it in, it gives me the confirmation message that it's ready to use...yet when I try to enter it gives me that message. When I go to properties, the device is listed perfectly so....I dunno.

Now I am the only user on this PC, with FULL administrative rights...so I'm not sure what's going on. Not one Jump Drive is working.

And on that same token, whenever I try to connect my Sprint Blackberry Curve 8330 to my PC with the provided USB cable, I get the BSOD within 10-20 secs.

None of these problems started happening until I had to do a FULL restore on my PC when an accidental registry cleaning cleared out most of my valuable registry entries. After that I did a Full format & re-installation, and now this is happening.

Can anyone help? (Specs listed below)

Quote:
OS
Windows Vista Ultimate x64

CPU
Intel Core2Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz

Motherboard
ASUS P5Q Premium

Memory
8GB (4x2GB) OCZ XTC Vista Upgrade Edition

Graphics Card
XFX NVidia GTX 285

Power Supply
650W Thermaltake Tough Power

Case
Antec 900
April 16, 2009 9:07:34 PM

Don't know what to tell you about that BSOD without a little more info. Next time is comes up write down the "00x000000A" style code that appears. Try Googling that and you should get several useful links. Sounds like a driver issue...

As far as get the jump drives go with the "Access is denied"...plug in any one of the jump drives. Head into Computer Management (right-click Computer > Manage) and select Disk Management (should be in the middle on the left-hand side of the window). Select it and wait for Vista to update your disk info.

Once it's done, look in the bottom right area (where the drives are listed visually) for your newly inserted Removable Disk. It should have either the word "Online", "Offline", or "Foreign" next to it (or perhaps some other error message). Depending on what the description is there, you should have a good solid clue to start you on your Googling journey.
!