9800 gx2 and 3 way sli

No because 3way uses 8800GTX and Ultras which aren't much behind a GX2. I think an SLI GTX or Ultra would murder the GX2. 3-way has some issues but its ridiculously awesome at high resolutions.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
I do still have that monitor.. :) I just dont use it anymore.. I havent used it since I got my IBM PS2. That monitor had 16 colors. It was nice because I ran my own bbs and had my artistic friend made me a bunch of ANSI images. Once I got rid of the monochrome I could finally see my bbs in color. w00t

I had an IBM PS/1. It was my dad's I think it was $2500 with monitor and printer when it came out. 286 CPU 1MB or RAM upgraded to 2.5MB 33MB hard drive. 3.5" floppy. WHeeeeeeW! it was fast. I remember playing Kings Quest on it and having to change floppies every 2 seconds becuase it was 12 disks and wouldnt fit on my hard drive.

boredguy8

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2008

Yeah, the old RIP graphics were hardcore. One question: Growing up as a child, do you remember: Killing a lot of woodland creatures, dabbling in the mystical forces, or stealing from the rich and giving to yourself?

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
I can only remember bits and pieces from that far back.. Like teleconference Food fights and shootouts, LOD (land of Devastation) , LORD (Legend of the Red Dragon) and TradeWars door games, and phreaking with the black box calling 900#'s... We smoked a lot in the phone rooms calling those 900#s, I'd like to think thats why i cant remember.. I live in South Florida and I remember calling a warez bbs a few states away, I think it was the DMZ, to download Doom. I had to spend 2 days uploading to get enough credits to download Doom. And even then I could only download for 1hr a day.