Asus P5E3 Deluxe Q9300 no POST - Help needed!

Rasclat23

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2004
Hi there,

I set out to build a new system yesterday and bought the following components:

Asus P5E3 Deluxe
Q9300 Core Duo Quad
Gigabyte 9800gtx
X-Fi Platinum
Corsair PC3-12800 DDR3 2X1GB Cas7
Enermax Liberty 620W PSU
WD Caviar 750GB
Antec p180 case

Put the whole thing together (took a bit of time with the case) and went to boot up for the first time (Ram in B1 and B2 like the manual suggested but was confused by this). The PC posted and I got into the Bios, Changed the boot configuration so set the DVD Drive in Sata1 as the primary boot device with the WD as 2nd. Saved Canges and rebooted to install XP.

Upon the reboot, I got a message after the post saiying that "Overclocking failed" and No drives were detected. I saw the BIOS recognized the CPU and the drives when I booted the first time. I did not change any ram timings or cpu settings. Rebooted again and could get into the BIOS again.

Tried the same settings and got the same message again but after trying to reboot again the PC won't POST at all and the monitor signal is always dead. No beeps at all either.

Tried rebooting several times with no POST. All fans start speed up for a bit then slow down again with no signal to the monitor.

Tried the following things:
1) switched the Ram modules in all different combinations.
2) Tried the other output on the 9800GTX
3) Switched the 9800gtx into the 2nd PCI-e slot - still no signal
4) Checked all connections. Both red PCI- power outputs from the PSU are connected to the 9800GTX. 8-pin Power is connected.
5) Reset the CMOS/ The manual did not explain how to only reset the CMOS so I took out the battery and cleared the Clear RTC Ram

The Mobo is now out of the case with no drives or X-Fi connected me trying anything to get the thing to POST.

Is the Ram incompatible? Doe sth Bios Support the CPU? Even so, I can't flash the BIOS as I can't get any signal to the monitor. I'm starting to think I have damaged one of the components as clearing the RTC Ram won't allow any signal to the monitor when I reboot.

If anyone has any suggestions, they will be greatly appreciated. I still have my old rig running thankfully so am able to post here.

Thanks...

roadrunner197069

Splendid
Sep 3, 2007
You need to look up the CPU support list for that mobo. Most likely you need a bios update. If so you will need another socket 775 cpu to boot and update bios. Even a cheap Celeron would do the job for you.

Rasclat23

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2004
I got the cheapest Celeron I could find and put that in as recommended. Flashed the BIOS and everything seems to be running well. XP is installing now...

Thanks a lot for the quick help Roadrunner. It's truly appreciated!

G

I'm having the same exact problem, except I have an 8800GT, OCZ Platinum 2x1GB sticks of RAM and never really saw the original screen or BIOS.

I called ASUS, they said that q9300 wasn't supported, and that I should get another processor. Since I got this as a COMBO deal from Newegg, and I've researched plenty of people to get it to work, I figured I'd try get a Celeron 430 that is compatible and Flash the Bios.

Plugging in the Celeron, I still have yet to boot a POST, let alone see BIOS.

Someone PLEASE help me. I'm completely out of ideas...

mljanes

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2008
I have the same problem, with almost the same setup, except I can't even post. The power goes on and off about every 30 seconds. Waiting to hear from Asus.

q9300 CPU
8800GT
OCZ High Performance 2x1GB Duel Channel sticks of RAM 1333 MHZ
Sata Hard Drive

Did the reset CMOS, didn't help.
Tried 1 memory module(tried different modules in different sockets) , didn't help.