Need help GPU or PSU.

megamazz

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2008
Hi first time poster.

I just built a new PC and bought a new 22 inch. The PC was fine but my monitor had a dead pixel so i took it back to the store. They tested it and the dead pixel was gone.

When i got back home and connected the monitor back to my PC, when i turn on the computer the screen 'Now' but not before says no sigal and does not display followed by a beep error. I press the reset button after the beep and the PC resets and the monitor now displays fine.

I have checked that everthing is plugged in / connected correctly.
I have a 8800 512 GTS. My power supply is a Coolermaster 600W +12v 18A, could this be the problem.

Sorry I think this is in the wrong thread aswell.

You could also have a PSU issue, but not for sure on this. Cooler Master PSU's aren't rated very well on a whole, but their higher end models aren't too bad. Double check that you have the PCI-e power connected to your 8800 gts card. Also, how did the store test the monitor? Did they use your computer or something else? If it was fine with their setup, than you GPU/PSU probably has an issue.

megamazz

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2008
Thanks for the replys. They simply got the monitor an used one of there PCs to see the dead pixel but it wasnt there and when i took it back home there was no more dead pixel.

I don't know much about power supplys but i have read numerous times that for a 8800 gts you need a +12v 24A.

Even tho i can play Crysis with no problems. I think i notice a small lack of performace with some other games. eg COD4