Newer Chipsets rumors?

Aaron1719

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2003
Just wondering if there's anything in the rumor mill on newer chipsets coming out. I'm especially interested in good ole Nvidia as i absolutely loved my old ASN8x board and am hoping to use nvidia for the graphics. Not sure i like the current choice of the 790i though. Also looking to go /caugh intel... just can't resist the performance gap atm. I'm sure AMD will come back eventually...

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008

If the early benchmarks for 4870 is real, an Intel x38/48 chipset board with crossfire instead of sli is looking better and better... :p
http://forums.legitreviews.com/about15370.html

Haven't heard of any new chipsets. Don't expect much fron Nvidia, their track record is too poor, littered with too many hypes and disappointments.

Aaron1719

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2003
yea, been a long time since i've been in the market for something new... like i said, last board i bought was that A7n8x board and that was forever ago... Not looking good for them over the past couple years from the looks of it which is really disapointing... oh well... maybe i'll just buy a pci e card to hold me over. Had a 3200 sempron system given to me so might be able to suck another year of use outa that before going for the rebuild... flakey as hell atm though, hoping i can get it running better with a new card and fresh install... beggers can't be choosers though right...

samual

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2008
I was just on Asus website Global not US and there are at least 6 new boards in the AM2+ socket coming from them. The only ones that seemed promising for a highend board was the Asus Crosshair II Formula and M3N-HT Deluxe/Mempipe. They have the NVIDIA nForce 780a SLI chipset and you can run dual pci express 2.0 at 16X16 or Tri-SLI at 16X8X8. The boards themselves look awsome and if the features and specs do what they say then it should be a great highend board for AM2+. There Intel Board for the newer chipset doesn't seem too bad either but I already have the Phenom 9850 Black Edition I need to put into something. I got it when a friend recieved two in the mail by accident and was never contacted about it. I had loned him some money so he threw it in as boot when he payed me back. It looks as though some of those boards are being released but just not in the US yet. I'll wait just to get the 2600MHz FSB PCI Express 2.0 Dual-SLI and 1000MHz RAM. I have that Phenom and 2 EVGA 9800 GTX Superclocked cards that need a home.