Sign in with
Your question

Vista built in registry checker tool yes or no????

Last response: in Windows Vista
March 16, 2012 5:19:57 AM

I've been told that Windows Vista 64-Bit OS has a built in tool called the "Windows Registery Checker Tool"....Useing the command prompt with admin. previllages...I'm yet to find it....Please respond and let me know if I'm getting my leg pulled....Thanks.....Bob Starke

P.S. My e-mail is - Please do not post your @mail (that way u are helping to spread the spam), u will be automatically notified in your email when someone post a fresh line in your thread. Thanx : )
a b 1 Email
March 16, 2012 6:48:23 AM

Bobster52 said:
I've been told that Windows Vista 64-Bit OS has a built in tool called the "Windows Registery Checker Tool"....Useing the command prompt with admin. previllages...I'm yet to find it....Please respond and let me know if I'm getting my leg pulled....Thanks.....Bob Starke

P.S. My e-mail is - Thanks again.

There is a tool called scanreg supplied with windows since XP, i believe.
Never had occasion to use it, give a search on vista scanreg and see what you find.
a b 1 Email
March 16, 2012 6:51:27 AM

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

For starters, you might like to edit ut your e-mail address before the Spamming brigade gets hold of it.

If there is such a utility in your system, it doesn't belong there and is third party rubbish to be avoided at all costs. Microsoft offer the facility to edit the Registry but in terms of cleaning it, I take the view that it's either best left alone or lightly skimmed by a programme like CCleaner. The Registry takes up very little space so there's nothing to be gained by removing old entries but that's all CCleaner does.

!