LG.Philips LCD Parent Companies Dumping Stock

Last response: in Home Theatre
July 11, 2005 8:47:29 PM

Archived from groups: uk.tech.digital-tv,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

I want my NED HDTV!
--------------------------------

Is the following article in Electronic News the result of a
conglomerate seeing new, lower cost and better display
technology displacing high cost, older display technology? I'm
referring to Motorola Inc. development of NED Desplay (Nano
Emissive Display) Technology for computer monitors and HDTV.

In my opinion for what its worth; I will wait for NED.

--------------------------------

Headline in Electronic News: LG.Philips LCD Parent Companies
Dumping Stock

Online staff -- Electronic News, 7/8/2005

http://www.reed-
electronics.com/electronicnews/article/CA624331.html

Parent company number one, Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V
(Philips), said it will sell approximately 6,710,000 secondary
shares of common stock in the form of ADSs, with each ADS
representing one-half of one share of common stock.

Parent company number two, LG Electronics Inc., is also
considering the sale of a portion of its interest in the thin-
film transistor liquid crystal display technology player in the
same private placement, the statement said

---------------------------
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 9:02:57 PM

Archived from groups: uk.tech.digital-tv,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,alt.video.dvd.tech (More info?)

truckeratnewshostingdotcom (HomelessLiberal) wrote in

> I'm referring to Motorola Inc. development of NED Desplay (Nano
> Emissive Display) Technology for computer monitors and HDTV.

Oh! I thought an NED was a Noise Emitting Diode.

It's not widely known, but due to manufacturing variations, many LEDs
are also NEDs, which can be demonstrated by quickly applying a high
voltage to the sample.

Those LEDs which fail the NED test are usually found to be SEDs, or
"Smoke Emitting Diodes", sometimes incorrectly called "Smell Emitting
Diodes".
July 12, 2005 2:02:16 AM

"Kommander Bob" <kommander-bob@nssg.gov> wrote in message
> truckeratnewshostingdotcom (HomelessLiberal) wrote in
>
>> I'm referring to Motorola Inc. development of NED Desplay (Nano
>> Emissive Display) Technology for computer monitors and HDTV.
>
> Oh! I thought an NED was a Noise Emitting Diode.
>
> It's not widely known, but due to manufacturing variations, many LEDs
> are also NEDs, which can be demonstrated by quickly applying a high
> voltage to the sample.
>
> Those LEDs which fail the NED test are usually found to be SEDs, or
> "Smoke Emitting Diodes", sometimes incorrectly called "Smell Emitting
> Diodes".

My money is on the smoke signal tv's. A blanket is flashed in front of the
set at over 60HZ and the brain makes images out of it all. Smoke particles
are smaller than some viruses and that creates 24 million lines of
resolution. Waiting on the sale of some of that stock.

BC
!