Will not post to even BIOS?

bonehollow

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Hello,
I currently threw together my new spider build, however, I am having some strange behavior from it. When I turn it on in the morning (I shut her down at night) she wont post to bios, or anything. I get a blank screen with "no signal." Now the last few times I have only had to reset the computer once or twice for it to kick in. However, this morning it took about 5 minutes of turning on and off again. Now, if I turn it off after its been on; then back again I have no issues. Only with a long period of downtime. Its almost as if I have an old Chevy truck that doesnt want to start in the winter mornings.
Setup

9950 BE 125 TDP @ 3.0GHZ 1.3V +2 ACC
Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H
4G Corsair 800Mhz DDR2
750 Corsair PS
4870 HD
Vista 64

I have ran Prim95 for 18 hours with no errors or issues with the clock.

wilyry

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Exact same thing happened to me with my new build about 2 weeks ago. One out of maybe 5 boots and I'd get past bios and into Windows. Most of the time, it would just sit on a no signal screen, and never get to bios. I would hear "Beeeeeeeeep" Beep. Beep. So, one long, followed by 2 short. All of the components were new. Come to find out, it was my new GTX 260 that was the problem. Switched it out with and older 8800 GTX, and it worked fine. So, I RMA'd the 260 and I'm waiting for a newegg replacement. See if the video card is your problem.