Pentium D 920 Temps and problems

killz86

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
Hello Everyone, My buddy just gave me his PD 920 for free never been oc/ed because he does not know hwo to o/c he got it form newegg when they was new. and i just now notice something. I was surfing the web. and out of no where my speedfan reported to me that my cpu temp jumped in 1 sec to 72c now let me remind you i am just surfing the web no games or anything of the such. I restarted my computer and the temp's went back to nomal. i have a Zalman 9500 2x80mm case fans 2x 120mm case fans front/back and a 250mm on the side i put new past on it. and cleaned the buttom of the Zalman 9500 base and cleaned the cpu i add'ed a little bit. i work on computer on my time off. and i have never seen anything like this. my idea temp is 32c and load is both core's %100 is 39c. I have good air flow i clean out my computer once a month to ensure its clean and the fans are dirt free. we'll i try to keep them to dirt free. and i dont know if its my software am using or what.

If you could maybe give me some of your input on this. i would be very thankful.

Thanks

endyen

Splendid
The only temp you mentioned that I would believe is the 72c
The zalman is a very nice unit, however, with stock fan, that chip would idle about 50c, and when run continuously @ 100%, will reach throttle point. (75c)