MSI P6N Diamond

invisik

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2008
would anyone of u recommend this motherboard MSI P6N Diamond LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard? is it okay overclocker for my q6600? in general wats ur opinion about this board?
Thanks!

invisik

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2008
what do u mean by crappy like it cant overclock at all im just doing mild overclock like getting my q6600 to 3.3 or 3.4ghz

can u sent me a link to where i can see the abit in9?
does newegg have it?

Anything over 3ghz is hardly mild! and whilst I have not tried a Q6600 on an MSI board I am still cynical at getting good results from one. The Abit board does not seem to be available at the Egg but surely a country as big as yours must have other places to shop. :whistle:
http://www.abit.com.tw/page/uk/moth...p?pMODEL_NAME=IN9+32X-MAX+Wi-Fi&fMTYPE=LGA775

invisik

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2008
well i already ordered the p6n diamond so ill give it a try if its sucks ill give the abit a shot. but i read some review they said the p6n diamond can overclock to around 480fsb times 9mulitplier on the q6600 so can go to 4.3? i no i cant reach that speed but it seems possible to reach 3.4ish.

rayzor

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2004
just some personal testimony here. I purchased an MSI P6N SLI Platinum for my build last august. It works fine, but I too have had somewhat of a disappointing experience with overclocking. Despite my best efforts (and I certainly have the adequate hardware) I am completely incapable of getting my Q6600 past 2.8ghz. Anything over 2.8ghz results in extreme instability in vista and anything over 3.0ghz keeps me even from posting! Several things about the problem lead me to believe that the motherboard is the culprit.

Furthermore, many many people have claimed MSI boards to be poor overclockers, so this isn't suprising.

Yup, that sounds like an MSI.

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007

who said MSi is crap overclocker.any proof?i overclock my Q6600 to 425x8.so that shows the mobo is capable.but my CPU limits the overclock though.

final%20oc.JPG

[:mousemonkey:2] How comes your CPU-z shows 3.4ghz but your 3D '06 shows 3.8ghz?, and only 15798 points at that, with a Quad. :lol:

There you go mate, lower clocks, higher score, you bought the wrong CPU mate.

P.S I still think MSI mobo's are crap overclockers and you've shown nothing to to make me change my mind or opinion.

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
well its simply becasue 3dmark could recognise the system multiplier properly.

well dude need to look at your CPU score.its lower then mine.

and where are you CPU-Z and GPU-Z huh?your score means nothing and cant proof MSI are crap overclockers.maybe your bad luck!

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007

450x7%20Small%20FFTs(Stable).JPG

and the mobo can do FSB450 no problem as well.i just didnt push it any further.can you "EVER SO GOOD" mobo do the same?show me Prime95 along with CPU-Z to proof me wrong is always welcome.

if not?stay away.

I've got absolutely no reason to prove anything to you or anyone else mate, and no I won't stay away as I was on this thread first, so up yours. :kaola:

invisik

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2008
can u guys just get along!
i owned 2 msi board they can overclock mousemoney
and iluvgillgill they can overclock but not that much compared to other boards.
Fair? lol

doomsdaydave11

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
Yep, MSI boards never were the greatest overclockers. Eventhough they don't overclock too terribly well, MSI still makes excellent quality boards, loaded with features. However, people are saying that you will not be able to overclock at ALL, when that's a lie. Google for reviews. MSI boards are good for mild overclocking, but if you are looking for some heavy overclocking boards, look elsewhere.

But sir, he started it sir, weren't me. :ange:
Besides I never said they couldn't overclock, just that they're crap at it. :lol:

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
well mousemonkey you started it first bby saying all MSI is poor overclockers.and by what measure is crap?400fsb?370fsb?350fsb?since you not going to prove your saying i think i will save my breath and stay away with your low class rudeness.

and Invisik i do agree with you.but for the money you cant blame.the P35 platinum i bought only cost £93 where as the nearest Gigabyte or Asus cost something like £130 or over.so value for money MSI is better.ultimate performance Asus and Gigabyte is Ace.