cimpercee

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2007
First off these are my hardware components
ASUS m2v-mx plus
Athlon 5000+ Brisbane
ATI 4850
Team Elite DDR2 800MHZ

Overlocked my PC using nTune to 3.0GHZ, and the only problem I have is the Call of Duty 4 in multiplayer.
Im having an issue where i will have a frame rate of 1-10 FPS in 5-10 seconds. So far i tortured my pc using prime95, and playing C&C generals as well without any issue. During the time FPS drops, my PING sky rockets @ 999 PING? I never had such problem before with ISP and I did check if im loosing packets. Tried pinging google at the same time im playing but stable. My normal ping is @ 140-200 with my server. Tried another server and still the same. Even single player of COD4 lags like that. CPU temps stays 57-59 degrees. Scanned with AVG 8.0 and KIS no viruses found. The only thing I haven't done is reinstalling COD4 as this was from my hard drive before and Copied it only since i formatted my PC. but i did it in the past and even though I didn't reinstall it, no issues like this. Though I was using Vista SP1 before, Now im using XP SP3. The COD4 runs smooth in Vista, but sometimes there are angles that my FPS goes down to around 40 and that is the reason why I moved to xp again. the first week I have, It was really smooth.never overlocked it though. I want to push my HD4850 so I did tweak it.

cimpercee

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2007
with ntune got stable OC.... i tried to overclock it with bios, 7% as overclocking profile default in bios and still get same laggy performance