Sign in with
Your question

Happy new year Day in IRAN !!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a c 169 U Graphics card
March 20, 2008 2:01:31 PM

Hello all

Today the new year started in IRAN, we call it NO ROOZ (Translation: New Day) its the first day of spring and we dont have XMAS here, we have something called HAFT-SIN (Transaltion:7 things that "S" is the first letter of them) and here is what it looks like (and yes thats me in the picture):
http://xs125.xs.to/xs125/08124/img_1190705.jpg

So happy new year to all Iranians and every people aroud the word, i hope it will be a good year for everyone :bounce:  :bounce:  :)  :) 

More about : happy year day iran

a b U Graphics card
March 20, 2008 2:26:01 PM

Happy NO ROOZ to you and yours
a c 169 U Graphics card
March 20, 2008 2:32:00 PM

thanx alot jadee :)  :) 
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
March 20, 2008 2:32:27 PM

I hope it will be a good year for Iran as well.
happy new year.
March 20, 2008 2:36:50 PM

Happy new year man.
a c 169 U Graphics card
March 20, 2008 3:43:12 PM

thank u both righetous and ImajorI, yeah i hope it will be a good year for Iran as well
March 20, 2008 4:28:31 PM

hey happy navroze to u! its celebrated here in india by zorastrians who come from iran! btw i love the sweetdishes u guys make!
a c 169 U Graphics card
March 20, 2008 5:43:56 PM

Thanx alot mate :) 
Yeah the dishes are always full of delicious cookies :)  :D 
March 20, 2008 5:55:12 PM

Happy Persian Near Year!

It was actually 12 hours ago wasn't it? :) 
a b U Graphics card
March 20, 2008 6:29:55 PM

Happy NO ROOZ to You.
a c 169 U Graphics card
March 20, 2008 6:35:19 PM

Thanx shadow and derek :) 
Yeah 12 hours ago, it was 9:18AM (Iran time)
March 20, 2008 9:50:43 PM

Nice to see all the nations as one in here... good people. wish all people could be like us guys (no not AMD / NVIDIA Fanbois)

Anyways, happy new year Maziar... I dunno wot you guys drink over there but have one for me
March 20, 2008 11:00:29 PM

Happy New Year Maziar...
It is nice, and cynics think computer gaming is detrimental to young minds. There is good stuff to be learned all over this forum.

And many thanks to the "staff pros" that share their knowledge with us noobs. Cheers!!
March 20, 2008 11:29:32 PM

Gosh!!!
that food looks good haha
Happy new year also
a c 169 U Graphics card
March 21, 2008 5:42:01 AM

thanx alot guys, i really like this forum it has many good guys/girls here who have a very good behaviour, i've never been in a such a warm forum before
thanx again guys, i appreciate it :) 
March 21, 2008 8:29:55 AM

Happy celebrating, man. Rock on.
March 21, 2008 8:46:11 AM

A very Happy NO ROOZ to you!

[:mousemonkey:3]
:D 
a c 169 U Graphics card
March 21, 2008 10:45:27 AM

thanx chef and jziz :) 
hey pinkpanther, (This is persian : Salam ) :) 
March 21, 2008 11:49:24 AM

Happy Norooz Maziar, and to all Iranians out there.
I wish you all a great year.

Thank you to you all.
a c 169 U Graphics card
March 21, 2008 12:46:01 PM

Thanx alot Kabobi :) 

to MrsBytch: I really hope this year will be the year we all Iranians are waiting for
March 21, 2008 1:13:54 PM

Damn dude, you look like a TOTAL geek.
I guess asking if you get any action is pointless...

(just messing with you mate! :) )
a c 169 U Graphics card
March 21, 2008 1:14:42 PM

to MrsBytch:
Nope, i mean about the current aweful situation of IRAN (the government)
March 21, 2008 1:20:22 PM

Happy New Year!! Thai new year next month, can't wait.
Big water festival, excellent fun. What do they do in Iran to celebrate?
March 21, 2008 1:22:41 PM

let me get this straight - so we are all supposed to embrace your "new year" (or at least congratulate you), while in Iran, Christians, Jews, and Zoroastrians (+other minor religions) are persecuted for their beliefs? are you serious? and PLEASE don't go on about how its all the governments fault, blah blah. its a well known fact Iranians (Persians + others) are very intolerant and regards themselves as higher better than everyone else. thats called fascism.

no happy roozes to you, at all from me.
a b U Graphics card
March 21, 2008 1:30:50 PM

^Hey, be nice. You don't know WTF you are talking about. Take a look back at the Crusades,etc.
March 21, 2008 1:35:44 PM

Lock your jaw... :S Maz doesn't believe in none of that, he only believes in OCZ (similar to my Seasonic cult) so just shhh and let him enjoy!

Have a happy new year man.
a b U Graphics card
March 21, 2008 1:42:05 PM

Happy New Year, Maziar!

Help me understand, is No Rooz a religious observance? Or is it a non-religious cultural holiday, like the American Thanksgiving? is it just coincidence that the No Rooz coincides with the Christian Good Friday? Do you follow a lunar calendar or a solar calendar?

I am honestly curious and appreciate any info you have to offer. Thanks! Again, happy No Rooz!

gallionfc wrote:

let me get this straight - so we are all supposed to embrace your "new year" (or at least congratulate you), while in Iran, Christians, Jews, and Zoroastrians (+other minor religions) are persecuted for their beliefs? are you serious? and PLEASE don't go on about how its all the governments fault, blah blah. its a well known fact Iranians (Persians + others) are very intolerant and regards themselves as higher better than everyone else. thats called fascism.
said:

C'mon, you couldn't just wish the guy a Happy New Year, you had to give socio-political commentary as well. Judging from his picture, Maziar appears to be an average guy enjoying a Holiday and not a government official or religious leader.
March 21, 2008 1:54:40 PM

gallionfc said:

Then just shut up you A Hole.

Happy new year again Mazier from Texas. And nice spread on the chow.
a c 169 U Graphics card
March 21, 2008 2:01:21 PM

thanx Tricky,EMP and Chunky and again ImajorI :) 

to gallionfc: I dont want you to embrace me, and if u dont want to say happy new year then why did u come and write in this topic? i dont care what u think about Iraninas or else and hopefully my friends EMP and Chunky and IMajorI answered u

Also i said thi in my last messages:
Nope, i mean about the current aweful situation of IRAN (the government)
By that i mean that i hope this year will be the year that we are all waiting for (THE YEAR THE THIS AWEFUL GOVERNMENT FALLS)

now to Chunky and the ones who have Questions about NoRooz:
Its not anything religious, its a very good celebration which started from the best King of Iran KOROOSH
When the last month of winter(In Persian its Called ESFAND) ends, the first day of spring comes and in that day we celeberate NOROOZ, we have
something called HAFT-SIN ( i have talked about it in the first message) and we make cookies and we give each other gifts, then we go to our other familes house (like grandmother,unclemaunt........) and @ the 13 day of the month (Which is called SIZDA BE DAR ) we tigh up that green plant that u see in the picture (Its called SABZE) and we go out with it.After having fun when we want to come back home we make our wish and drop SABZE in the water outside.
For those who havent seen the picture i upload it again
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
March 21, 2008 2:09:38 PM

gallionfc said:

You talk about how Iranians are intolerant, how they persecute people and regard themselves to be better than everyone else. hmmm. Don't you see you are the one coming off like that? Are you that dense and blind to your own actions and words? The guy seems like a nice guy who was just happy about the new year and wishes everyone the same and you crap on him. You should be ashamed of yourself. It's because of intolerant people like you that hatred persists and spreads around the world. When the people of earth will finally wake up and see that all the ills of the world are because of a small percentage of the population found in every nation. This small percentage owns about 95% of the world. The majority of mankind are normal individuals who basically all want the same thing: family friends a good job and to be happy. The governments and the religions of this world, and I do mean ALL of them, are the ones causing the problems. So my ignorant friend, you seem to be part of the problem.

As for my Iranian friend, I wish you the best in the year to come. Also know that many people around the world do not believe or listen to the propaganda being spewed in Western media about your country. Cheers mate!! :) 
a b U Graphics card
March 21, 2008 2:09:46 PM

Sounds like a simple funloving holiday. No get this or buy that, but where everyone gets together with friends and family. Something we all need more of
a c 169 U Graphics card
March 21, 2008 2:17:19 PM

thanx alot moonblood i really aprreciate it :)  i dont care about that guy, it doesnt matter what he tells me, i really am happy here, i have lots of good friends :) 

also to jaydee, yeah u are completely true
March 21, 2008 2:18:36 PM

I'm not even going to lower myself to comment on the sad individuals who have commented 'politically' :pfff:  :pfff:  :pfff: 

Happy new year Maziar. All I know is that you bring a lot to these forums.
a c 169 U Graphics card
March 21, 2008 2:21:29 PM

also here is the pic again:

And that nice green plant u see there is called SABZE, just few days before NOROOZ we make it or buy
a b U Graphics card
March 21, 2008 2:21:55 PM

I ignore all the ignorant posts that pidgeonhole, or put in a tiny box any person from any country. People arent robots people. We do have our own ideas, and after reading Maz's ideas, he certainly has his own, whether its tech, or about the future of his beloved country. Anyways, I hope you had fun, and that your wishes come true
a c 169 U Graphics card
March 21, 2008 2:24:24 PM

crusoe74 said:
I'm not even going to lower myself to comment on the sad individuals who have commented 'politically' :pfff:  :pfff:  :pfff: 

Happy new year Maziar. All I know is that you bring a lot to these forums.

thanx alot mate :) 

to jaydee: thanx again mate :)  yeah every one has his/her own ideas and beliefs, we must respect to each other and again i will hope for everyone to have a great year and their wishes come true
March 21, 2008 2:43:24 PM

Hope you have a good NO ROOZ Maziar! :)  Huh sounds funny no offense ;) 

I don't want to be rude like some of the other posters but why did you post this in the graphics card section?

Just wondering... I can see why you didn't post in the basement(''Other'') section :) 
a c 169 U Graphics card
March 21, 2008 2:48:33 PM

Thanx alot physx7
Well actually i posted it here because many read this section than the others :) 
a b U Graphics card
March 21, 2008 2:49:30 PM

The basement, isnt that where we keep "things" in boxes? heheh
March 21, 2008 2:52:15 PM

JAYDEEJOHN said:
The basement, isnt that where we keep "things" in boxes? heheh

That place needs fumigating.....
March 21, 2008 3:02:53 PM

I think you should use this day as an excuse and get yourself SLI GTX :D  Now that would make a very happy no rooz to you
March 21, 2008 3:08:48 PM

emp said:
I think you should use this day as an excuse and get yourself SLI GTX :D  Now that would make a very happy no rooz to you

No get 4 new GTX's and send 2 to me :D 
March 21, 2008 3:18:42 PM

Are we nuking Iran this year or after the next "NO ROOZ"?
a c 169 U Graphics card
March 21, 2008 3:20:38 PM

emp said:

Yeah SLI 8800GTX and of course a new Motherboard lol :) 
a b U Graphics card
March 21, 2008 3:31:20 PM

I say build a new PC with the money you get or get 2*9800X2s in SLI or 3870X2s in CrossFire.
a c 169 U Graphics card
March 21, 2008 3:35:17 PM

I'm still pretty happy with my config,it solid

Core2Duo E6600@3.2
ASUS P5KE- WIFI
SEAGATE BARRACUDA 500GB 16MB
OCZ VINDICATOR CPU COOLER
OCZ 4GB REAPER DDR2 800 4-4-4-15
OCZ 8800GTX @612/1080(=8800ULTRA)
OCZ PROXSTREAM 1000WAT
THERMALTAKE ARMOR
LG M228WA MONITOR (1680x1050)
XP 32 + SP3

Also the money i will get isnt much, i have about $150 now and that may change to $200 max
March 21, 2008 3:39:25 PM

Nice build..
!