W,WOT- Funny Observation

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

So the hubby & I walk into this new Best Buy, just to see
what all they carry. We stand in the center aisle for a moment,
to read the different department signs. (CDs, Videos, Audio,
Computers, etc.)

Without a word, hubby takes a right turn towards the flat-panel
TVs, and I go left, to the bank of desktops. I'm quite sure we both
looked like kids in a big new candy store.

--
>^,,^< Miracle/DkAngel, wondering what's inside a Circuit City.

">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:2qnndfF11hr1dU1@uni-
berlin.de:

>>^,,^< Miracle/DkAngel, wondering what's inside a Circuit City.

I remember going into Fry's the first time. The salesdroids are pretty
useless, but I love the rest of the ambience. Like Best Buy, but with
electronics (ie. resistors and capacitors and transistors) and tech tools.
There are giant components around the store, making you feel like you're in
Land of the Giants walking around inside a PC.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

ScratchMonkey wrote:
> ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in
> news:2qnndfF11hr1dU1@uni- berlin.de:
>
>>> ^,,^< Miracle/DkAngel, wondering what's inside a Circuit City.
>
> I remember going into Fry's the first time. The salesdroids are pretty
> useless, but I love the rest of the ambience. Like Best Buy, but with
> electronics (ie. resistors and capacitors and transistors) and tech
> tools. There are giant components around the store, making you feel
> like you're in Land of the Giants walking around inside a PC.

LOL You just reminded me of the rude term that we who work in
the back of the house (the kitchens) call the peeps who work in the
front of the house (the dining room)- 'waitrons'.
Pretty stupid of me to enjoy the term, since that's how I began my
working life when I was 13......................

Anyway, I hope we eventually get a Circuit City so that I can see
those giant components- sounds cool.

--
{{{{{{{HUGZ ! ! }}}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle

">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:2qq2teF1265r6U1@uni-
berlin.de:

> Anyway, I hope we eventually get a Circuit City so that I can see
> those giant components- sounds cool.

Nope, Circuit City doesn't have them. Just Fry's (a different chain).

http://circuitcity.com/
http://www.frys.com/

Click on the Fry's History link for a list of stores and the "theme" at
each one.

Looks like there's a Fry's in Phoenix.

ScratchMonkey wrote:
> ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:2qq2teF1265r6U1@uni-
> berlin.de:
>

>> Anyway, I hope we eventually get a Circuit City so that I can see
>>those giant components- sounds cool.
>

> Nope, Circuit City doesn't have them. Just Fry's (a different chain).
>
> http://circuitcity.com/
> http://www.frys.com/
>
> Click on the Fry's History link for a list of stores and the "theme" at
> each one.
>
> Looks like there's a Fry's in Phoenix.

Find what you like at Fry's, but it someplace else...NEVER BUY AT FRY'S.
(Sorry if anyone here works there.)

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

MarkAndBrian.net wrote:
> ScratchMonkey wrote:
>> ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in
>> news:2qq2teF1265r6U1@uni- berlin.de:
>>

>>> Anyway, I hope we eventually get a Circuit City so that I can see
>>> those giant components- sounds cool.
>>

>> Nope, Circuit City doesn't have them. Just Fry's (a different chain).
>>
>> http://circuitcity.com/
>> http://www.frys.com/
>>
>> Click on the Fry's History link for a list of stores and the "theme"
>> at each one.
>>
>> Looks like there's a Fry's in Phoenix.
>
> Find what you like at Fry's, but it someplace else...NEVER BUY AT
> FRY'S. (Sorry if anyone here works there.)

Don't worry, I remember the horror stories I've read in AFM-B.
But I would like to see those decorations. I've been too "chick/female
immersed" lately, and need a geek break. Or at least some more male
company.
Without Ross standing there, being bored out of his mind, I'd be able
to chat up some store clerks and get a bit more current on the latest and
fastest, etc. Y'all are too damn quiet in here lately.

SPEAK, OH MIGHTY PROPELLER HEADS!

Or at least ramble on about guy stuff. Sheesh.................

--
>^,,^< Miracle
* WRITE IN A VOTE FOR OPRAH! *

"MarkAndBrian.net" <bmonson@ncn.com> wrote in news:W5WdnWaiAPbaB9TcRVn-
rg@comcast.com:

> Find what you like at Fry's, but it someplace else...NEVER BUY AT FRY'S.
> (Sorry if anyone here works there.)

I've had mixed results. But I don't buy a lot of computer hardware there.
Mostly the more unusual stuff on impulse. It's kind of like a giant Radio
Shack: If you're near one, it has the same convenience/intelligence
tradeoff. But the range of stuff they carry is pretty big.

">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:2qvhsuF1465qfU1@uni-
berlin.de:

> Hmmm, passola on a 180 mile drive (one way) just to shop. But I've
> got to go with hubby to a food show at the civic center in Phoenix soon,
> so I'll grab me a taxi while hubby works the show and scope out Fry's.

I don't like to drive to stores 10 minutes away, but if I have to drive, I
try to hit as many stores as I can to leverage the inconvenience.