gateway 7811-fx laptop overclock, possible?

Silverion77

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
Almost no computer companies let u OC the cpu....u might be able to do it through software but i highly dont recommend it.

Laptops have large problems with overheating with stock clocks...i couldnt imagine what happens when u OC it

Pidol

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
i saw a laptop dell xps i believe, that lets you oc in bios easily, for some reason i cant access the bios on this laptop

and the use of software, is it really that bad?

Tapakidney

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2008
These people don't know what the **** they're talking about. So far, no CPU overclocking, but GPU, most people are able to take their stock 600 MHZ speed to 700. I am keeping mine at 725/1000/1850 with no overheating. Just make sure you're propped up in back.

Silverion77

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007

Hello Mr. Stranger....welcome to THF. Nice to kno u sign up just so u can flame a single post.... :non:

Most of these responses are towards cpu overclocking....Generally such things are done in the BIOS....

Also, most of us are right to the fact where it overheats. I dont think all ppl with laptops enjoy propping up the back, usually i leave mine flat on the table....
And for sure, ppl here like zen and runswindows95 are very knowledgeable and it is not necessary to begin ur post with such a statement. A simple correction with ur own personal experience would be much more appropriate