Anyone still play Tribes:V?

I went on today and I only saw 600 people playing on their today. That's
down from a high of 1800 last week.

"Bryan Lee" <bjlee@rcn.com> wrote in message
> I went on today and I only saw 600 people playing on their today. That's
> down from a high of 1800 last week.

Yes, people still play T:V.

600 people apparently...

;)-~<

I forgot this is the smart ass forum. I should have put are people on this
newsgroup still playing and enjoying tribes: V. The amount of players are
down. And I was wonding if interest is going down. Is that better?
"Adrian Ng" <spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

> "Bryan Lee" <bjlee@rcn.com> wrote in message
> > I went on today and I only saw 600 people playing on their today.
That's
> > down from a high of 1800 last week.
> >

> Yes, people still play T:V.
>
> 600 people apparently...
>
> ;)-~<

schrodinger

> "Adrian Ng" <spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Bryan Lee" <bjlee@rcn.com> wrote in message
>> > I went on today and I only saw 600 people playing on their today.
> That's
>> > down from a high of 1800 last week.
>> >

>> Yes, people still play T:V.
>>
>> 600 people apparently...
>>
>> ;)-~<

I'm not playing it. That would be because it stinks, however.

Perhaps you can comment when the FULL game is released

Cubzilla

"Schrodinger" <youllhavetoask@meforit.com> wrote in message
> > "Adrian Ng" <spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> "Bryan Lee" <bjlee@rcn.com> wrote in message
> > That's
> >> >

> >> Yes, people still play T:V.
> >>
> >> 600 people apparently...
> >>
> >> ;)-~<
>
> I'm not playing it. That would be because it stinks, however.

Of course.
God forbid the day that anyone doesn't play a game cos it's major fun.

I on the other hand, in answer to the original poster's question, still play
it when i can.

I play it every now again, I'm trying to find a reason to buy it when the
full release is available.

atfer playing the beta. How many think they will buy the full version?

> atfer playing the beta. How many think they will buy the full version?
> <2old.gamez@last.com> wrote in message
> > I play it every now again, I'm trying to find a reason to buy it when
the
> > full release is available.

I play it daily -- and I pwn you all btw :^) -- and tao will be coming back
for competition in T:V. So yes, I will buy it.

Quixote

Bryan Lee wrote:

> atfer playing the beta. How many think they will buy the full version?
> <2old.gamez@last.com> wrote in message
>
>>I play it every now again, I'm trying to find a reason to buy it when the
>>full release is available.

As long as it's not the waste of money that Sacred and Doom 3 were.

$100 combined for both of them, played for a grand total of 2-3 hours
before I got bored of them.

"Bryan Lee" <bjlee@rcn.com> wrote in news:414c5d60$0$2670
$61fed72c@news.rcn.com:

> How many think they will buy the full version?

Maybe. Right now the existence of a Linux dedicated server is iffy, and I'm
more a server admin than a player, so that may kill it for me.

Meanwhile, HL2's Linux server is already in beta, and Doom3's will be out
soon.

I'm also thinking about taking up Planetside, now that it's available for
$10 with a month's subscription. Seems more Tribes-like than T:V has been.
Many of my teammates are avid fans.

Some have suggested that T:V is like UT with jetpacks. That's sorta true,
visually, but I'm finding it to be more like Counter-Strike with jetpacks,
except that the spawn interface lacks hot keys to select the things to
"buy" and it's pretty clumsy trying to pick things in a hurry with the
mouse. I haven't found a way to rapidly pick a preset and go, as my mouse
really lags on the favorites screen.

"Bryan Lee" <bjlee@rcn.com> wrote in message
> atfer playing the beta. How many think they will buy the full version?
> <2old.gamez@last.com> wrote in message
> > I play it every now again, I'm trying to find a reason to buy it when
the
> > full release is available.

won't have the time...

I think I'll take advantage of the ten day return policy that Game offer.
I'll certainly buy it, I just may not want to keep it.

where can you get a ten day return at?
> I think I'll take advantage of the ten day return policy that Game offer.
> I'll certainly buy it, I just may not want to keep it.

In the UK there is a chainstore dealing in games called, not unsurprisingly,
Game.
As far as I am aware they still offer a ten day return on all games. Buy it,
try it.

Ten days should be long enough to find out if 'Fuel' is going to be as much
fun as I hope it will.
If not I can get my cash back.

"ScratchMonkey" <ScratchMonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com> wrote in message
> "Bryan Lee" <bjlee@rcn.com> wrote in news:414c5d60$0$2670
> $61fed72c@news.rcn.com:
> I'm also thinking about taking up Planetside, now that it's available for
> $10 with a month's subscription. Seems more Tribes-like than T:V has been.
> Many of my teammates are avid fans.

PS is the most annoying game I've ever played.
Played for a month with friends and still felt annoyed.

But hey. I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys the 'war-type-chaotic'*feel
it has, which is CERTAINLY NOT WHAT TRIBES IS ABOUT!

*By that i mean...every weapon will kill you in less than a second.

ajc

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

"Bryan Lee" <bjlee@rcn.com> wrote in message
> I went on today and I only saw 600 people playing on their today. That's
> down from a high of 1800 last week.

All the counterstrikers have realised they cant camp, wallhack or snipe from
hidden locations - so have given it up... and half of the tribes2 veterans
who didn't instantly own it up have left too (to return later when their
egos return).

schrodinger

> In the UK there is a chainstore dealing in games called, not
> unsurprisingly,
> Game.
> As far as I am aware they still offer a ten day return on all games. Buy
> it,
> try it.
>
> Ten days should be long enough to find out if 'Fuel' is going to be as
> much
> fun as I hope it will.
> If not I can get my cash back.

I am fairly sure they changed the policy somehow. Check before you buy it.

schrodinger

"ajc" <bah_meh@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Bryan Lee" <bjlee@rcn.com> wrote in message
>> I went on today and I only saw 600 people playing on their today. That's
>> down from a high of 1800 last week.
>>

> All the counterstrikers have realised they cant camp, wallhack or snipe
> from
> hidden locations - so have given it up... and half of the tribes2 veterans
> who didn't instantly own it up have left too (to return later when their
> egos return).

Bollocks. It is too much of a console game now. As it happens, within a
couple of hours I was capping flags on every game regularly and generally
owning as you would expect on a server largely full of noobs.

So much so that I changed my default loadout to the heavy assault - which I
never played in T2 or T1 as I was a sitting duck in these games - because I
could still win most flags and dogfights without really trying.

It lacks the subtleties of T2 and, most of all, T1 to be a good game in my
opinion.

I expect some Tribes followers will like it - they are bound to - but it
isn't for me certainly and it has nothing to do with "ego".

> "ajc" <bah_meh@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Bryan Lee" <bjlee@rcn.com> wrote in message
> >> I went on today and I only saw 600 people playing on their today.
That's
> >> down from a high of 1800 last week.
> >>

> > All the counterstrikers have realised they cant camp, wallhack or snipe
> > from
> > hidden locations - so have given it up... and half of the tribes2
veterans
> > who didn't instantly own it up have left too (to return later when their
> > egos return).
> >

> Bollocks. It is too much of a console game now. As it happens, within a
> couple of hours I was capping flags on every game regularly and generally
> owning as you would expect on a server largely full of noobs.
>
> So much so that I changed my default loadout to the heavy assault - which
> never played in T2 or T1 as I was a sitting duck in these games - because
> could still win most flags and dogfights without really trying.
>
> It lacks the subtleties of T2 and, most of all, T1 to be a good game in my
> opinion.
>
> I expect some Tribes followers will like it - they are bound to - but it
> isn't for me certainly and it has nothing to do with "ego".

Playing on servers full of noobs yes. Try picking a server where the
players hang. You will have to grab your ass to save it, and the action can
be very intense and very fast. Play it with real tribes players, and the
game very much will be a tribes experience.

Quixote

DEbig3 <debig3@yahoo.com> wrote in

>> My guess is that PS vs TV is like Base vs Classic, or Chess vs Quake.
>> Much more emphasis on patience and the big picture than on reflex and
>> dexterity.
>
> your guess is wrong. well, partially.. you need patience so as to not
> kill yourself out of boredom while trying to get somewhere.

My teammates' take on why one would want to play PS:

http://matureasskickers.net/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=6856

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 15:07:06 -0400, Polarhound
<Polarhound@comcast.net> wrote:

>Bryan Lee wrote:
>
>> atfer playing the beta. How many think they will buy the full version?
>> <2old.gamez@last.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I play it every now again, I'm trying to find a reason to buy it when the
>>>full release is available.
>
>As long as it's not the waste of money that Sacred and Doom 3 were.
>
>$100 combined for both of them, played for a grand total of 2-3 hours
>before I got bored of them.

Want to sell either for cheap? Hell, I don't even have time to play,
but I want both games. Just waiting for the prices to come down more.

RagManX

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 10:03:49 +0000 (UTC), "Adrian Ng"
<spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote:

>"ScratchMonkey" <ScratchMonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com> wrote in message
>> "Bryan Lee" <bjlee@rcn.com> wrote in news:414c5d60$0$2670
>> $61fed72c@news.rcn.com:
>> I'm also thinking about taking up Planetside, now that it's available for
>> $10 with a month's subscription. Seems more Tribes-like than T:V has been.
>> Many of my teammates are avid fans.
>
>PS is the most annoying game I've ever played.
>Played for a month with friends and still felt annoyed.
>
>But hey. I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys the 'war-type-chaotic'*feel
>it has, which is CERTAINLY NOT WHAT TRIBES IS ABOUT!
>
>*By that i mean...every weapon will kill you in less than a second.

Oooooh, renegades!

RagManX

Randy Graham wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 15:07:06 -0400, Polarhound
> <Polarhound@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>>Bryan Lee wrote:
>>

>>>atfer playing the beta. How many think they will buy the full version?
>>><2old.gamez@last.com> wrote in message

>>As long as it's not the waste of money that Sacred and Doom 3 were.
>>
>>$100 combined for both of them, played for a grand total of 2-3 hours
>>before I got bored of them.
>

> Want to sell either for cheap? Hell, I don't even have time to play,
> but I want both games. Just waiting for the prices to come down more.

I may still have Sacred around, but I gave Doom 3 to my brother. I'll
see what I can dig up.

"Randy Graham" <ragmanx@gamerdemos.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 10:03:49 +0000 (UTC), "Adrian Ng"
> <spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote:
>

> >"ScratchMonkey" <ScratchMonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com> wrote in
message
> >> "Bryan Lee" <bjlee@rcn.com> wrote in news:414c5d60$0$2670
> >> $61fed72c@news.rcn.com:
> >> I'm also thinking about taking up Planetside, now that it's available
for
> >> $10 with a month's subscription. Seems more Tribes-like than T:V has
been.
> >> Many of my teammates are avid fans.
> >
> >PS is the most annoying game I've ever played.
> >Played for a month with friends and still felt annoyed.
> >
> >But hey. I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys the
'war-type-chaotic'*feel
> >it has, which is CERTAINLY NOT WHAT TRIBES IS ABOUT!
> >
> >*By that i mean...every weapon will kill you in less than a second.
>
> Oooooh, renegades!
>
> RagManX

WEEEE