Anyone still play Tribes:V?

Last response: in Video Games
September 17, 2004 2:18:26 AM

I went on today and I only saw 600 people playing on their today. That's
down from a high of 1800 last week.

More about : play tribes

Anonymous
September 17, 2004 7:10:42 PM

"Bryan Lee" <bjlee@rcn.com> wrote in message
> I went on today and I only saw 600 people playing on their today. That's
> down from a high of 1800 last week.

Yes, people still play T:V.

600 people apparently...

;) -~<
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 7:10:43 PM

I forgot this is the smart ass forum. I should have put are people on this
newsgroup still playing and enjoying tribes: V. The amount of players are
down. And I was wonding if interest is going down. Is that better?
"Adrian Ng" <spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

> "Bryan Lee" <bjlee@rcn.com> wrote in message
> > I went on today and I only saw 600 people playing on their today.
That's
> > down from a high of 1800 last week.
> >

> Yes, people still play T:V.
>
> 600 people apparently...
>
> ;) -~<

Related resources
September 18, 2004 2:03:26 AM

> "Adrian Ng" <spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Bryan Lee" <bjlee@rcn.com> wrote in message
>> > I went on today and I only saw 600 people playing on their today.
> That's
>> > down from a high of 1800 last week.
>> >

>> Yes, people still play T:V.
>>
>> 600 people apparently...
>>
>> ;) -~<

I'm not playing it. That would be because it stinks, however.
Anonymous
September 18, 2004 2:48:14 AM

Perhaps you can comment when the FULL game is released

Cubzilla

> I forgot this is the smart ass forum. I should have put are people on
this
> newsgroup still playing and enjoying tribes: V. The amount of players are
> down. And I was wonding if interest is going down. Is that better?
> "Adrian Ng" <spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Bryan Lee" <bjlee@rcn.com> wrote in message
> > > I went on today and I only saw 600 people playing on their today.
> That's
> > > down from a high of 1800 last week.
> > >

> > Yes, people still play T:V.
> >
> > 600 people apparently...
> >
> > ;) -~<

Anonymous
September 18, 2004 1:35:09 PM

"Schrodinger" <youllhavetoask@meforit.com> wrote in message
> > "Adrian Ng" <spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> "Bryan Lee" <bjlee@rcn.com> wrote in message
> > That's
> >> >

> >> Yes, people still play T:V.
> >>
> >> 600 people apparently...
> >>
> >> ;) -~<
>
> I'm not playing it. That would be because it stinks, however.

Of course.
God forbid the day that anyone doesn't play a game cos it's major fun.

I on the other hand, in answer to the original poster's question, still play
it when i can.
Anonymous
September 18, 2004 2:44:16 PM

I play it every now again, I'm trying to find a reason to buy it when the
full release is available.
Anonymous
September 18, 2004 2:44:17 PM

atfer playing the beta. How many think they will buy the full version?
<2old.gamez@last.com> wrote in message
> I play it every now again, I'm trying to find a reason to buy it when the
> full release is available.
Anonymous
September 18, 2004 5:45:43 PM

> atfer playing the beta. How many think they will buy the full version?
> <2old.gamez@last.com> wrote in message
> > I play it every now again, I'm trying to find a reason to buy it when
the
> > full release is available.

I play it daily -- and I pwn you all btw :^) -- and tao will be coming back
for competition in T:V. So yes, I will buy it.

Quixote
Anonymous
September 18, 2004 7:07:06 PM

Bryan Lee wrote:

> atfer playing the beta. How many think they will buy the full version?
> <2old.gamez@last.com> wrote in message
>
>>I play it every now again, I'm trying to find a reason to buy it when the
>>full release is available.

As long as it's not the waste of money that Sacred and Doom 3 were.

$100 combined for both of them, played for a grand total of 2-3 hours
before I got bored of them.
Anonymous
September 18, 2004 9:20:35 PM

"Bryan Lee" <bjlee@rcn.com> wrote in news:414c5d60$0$2670
$61fed72c@news.rcn.com:

> How many think they will buy the full version?

Maybe. Right now the existence of a Linux dedicated server is iffy, and I'm
more a server admin than a player, so that may kill it for me.

Meanwhile, HL2's Linux server is already in beta, and Doom3's will be out
soon.

I'm also thinking about taking up Planetside, now that it's available for
$10 with a month's subscription. Seems more Tribes-like than T:V has been.
Many of my teammates are avid fans.

Some have suggested that T:V is like UT with jetpacks. That's sorta true,
visually, but I'm finding it to be more like Counter-Strike with jetpacks,
except that the spawn interface lacks hot keys to select the things to
"buy" and it's pretty clumsy trying to pick things in a hurry with the
mouse. I haven't found a way to rapidly pick a preset and go, as my mouse
really lags on the favorites screen.
Anonymous
September 18, 2004 10:44:42 PM

"Bryan Lee" <bjlee@rcn.com> wrote in message
> atfer playing the beta. How many think they will buy the full version?
> <2old.gamez@last.com> wrote in message
> > I play it every now again, I'm trying to find a reason to buy it when
the
> > full release is available.

won't have the time...
Anonymous
September 18, 2004 11:22:43 PM

I think I'll take advantage of the ten day return policy that Game offer.
I'll certainly buy it, I just may not want to keep it.
Anonymous
September 18, 2004 11:22:44 PM

where can you get a ten day return at?
> I think I'll take advantage of the ten day return policy that Game offer.
> I'll certainly buy it, I just may not want to keep it.
Anonymous
September 19, 2004 1:16:18 AM

In the UK there is a chainstore dealing in games called, not unsurprisingly,
Game.
As far as I am aware they still offer a ten day return on all games. Buy it,
try it.

Ten days should be long enough to find out if 'Fuel' is going to be as much
fun as I hope it will.
If not I can get my cash back.
Anonymous
September 19, 2004 2:03:49 PM

"ScratchMonkey" <ScratchMonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com> wrote in message
> "Bryan Lee" <bjlee@rcn.com> wrote in news:414c5d60$0$2670
> $61fed72c@news.rcn.com:
> I'm also thinking about taking up Planetside, now that it's available for
> $10 with a month's subscription. Seems more Tribes-like than T:V has been.
> Many of my teammates are avid fans.

PS is the most annoying game I've ever played.
Played for a month with friends and still felt annoyed.

But hey. I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys the 'war-type-chaotic'*feel
it has, which is CERTAINLY NOT WHAT TRIBES IS ABOUT!

*By that i mean...every weapon will kill you in less than a second.
September 20, 2004 5:18:31 PM

"Bryan Lee" <bjlee@rcn.com> wrote in message
> I went on today and I only saw 600 people playing on their today. That's
> down from a high of 1800 last week.

All the counterstrikers have realised they cant camp, wallhack or snipe from
hidden locations - so have given it up... and half of the tribes2 veterans
who didn't instantly own it up have left too (to return later when their
egos return).
September 21, 2004 12:52:24 AM

> In the UK there is a chainstore dealing in games called, not
> unsurprisingly,
> Game.
> As far as I am aware they still offer a ten day return on all games. Buy
> it,
> try it.
>
> Ten days should be long enough to find out if 'Fuel' is going to be as
> much
> fun as I hope it will.
> If not I can get my cash back.

I am fairly sure they changed the policy somehow. Check before you buy it.
September 21, 2004 12:58:32 AM

"ajc" <bah_meh@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Bryan Lee" <bjlee@rcn.com> wrote in message
>> I went on today and I only saw 600 people playing on their today. That's
>> down from a high of 1800 last week.
>>

> All the counterstrikers have realised they cant camp, wallhack or snipe
> from
> hidden locations - so have given it up... and half of the tribes2 veterans
> who didn't instantly own it up have left too (to return later when their
> egos return).

Bollocks. It is too much of a console game now. As it happens, within a
couple of hours I was capping flags on every game regularly and generally
owning as you would expect on a server largely full of noobs.

So much so that I changed my default loadout to the heavy assault - which I
never played in T2 or T1 as I was a sitting duck in these games - because I
could still win most flags and dogfights without really trying.

It lacks the subtleties of T2 and, most of all, T1 to be a good game in my
opinion.

I expect some Tribes followers will like it - they are bound to - but it
isn't for me certainly and it has nothing to do with "ego".
Anonymous
September 21, 2004 12:58:33 AM

> "ajc" <bah_meh@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Bryan Lee" <bjlee@rcn.com> wrote in message
> >> I went on today and I only saw 600 people playing on their today.
That's
> >> down from a high of 1800 last week.
> >>

> > All the counterstrikers have realised they cant camp, wallhack or snipe
> > from
> > hidden locations - so have given it up... and half of the tribes2
veterans
> > who didn't instantly own it up have left too (to return later when their
> > egos return).
> >

> Bollocks. It is too much of a console game now. As it happens, within a
> couple of hours I was capping flags on every game regularly and generally
> owning as you would expect on a server largely full of noobs.
>
> So much so that I changed my default loadout to the heavy assault - which
> never played in T2 or T1 as I was a sitting duck in these games - because
> could still win most flags and dogfights without really trying.
>
> It lacks the subtleties of T2 and, most of all, T1 to be a good game in my
> opinion.
>
> I expect some Tribes followers will like it - they are bound to - but it
> isn't for me certainly and it has nothing to do with "ego".

Playing on servers full of noobs yes. Try picking a server where the
players hang. You will have to grab your ass to save it, and the action can
be very intense and very fast. Play it with real tribes players, and the
game very much will be a tribes experience.

Quixote
Anonymous
September 21, 2004 11:33:04 PM

DEbig3 <debig3@yahoo.com> wrote in

>> My guess is that PS vs TV is like Base vs Classic, or Chess vs Quake.
>> Much more emphasis on patience and the big picture than on reflex and
>> dexterity.
>
> your guess is wrong. well, partially.. you need patience so as to not
> kill yourself out of boredom while trying to get somewhere.

My teammates' take on why one would want to play PS:

http://matureasskickers.net/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=68...
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 2:18:21 AM

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 15:07:06 -0400, Polarhound
<Polarhound@comcast.net> wrote:

>Bryan Lee wrote:
>
>> atfer playing the beta. How many think they will buy the full version?
>> <2old.gamez@last.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>I play it every now again, I'm trying to find a reason to buy it when the
>>>full release is available.
>
>As long as it's not the waste of money that Sacred and Doom 3 were.
>
>$100 combined for both of them, played for a grand total of 2-3 hours
>before I got bored of them.

Want to sell either for cheap? Hell, I don't even have time to play,
but I want both games. Just waiting for the prices to come down more.

RagManX
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 2:19:53 AM

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 10:03:49 +0000 (UTC), "Adrian Ng"
<spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote:

>"ScratchMonkey" <ScratchMonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com> wrote in message
>> "Bryan Lee" <bjlee@rcn.com> wrote in news:414c5d60$0$2670
>> $61fed72c@news.rcn.com:
>> I'm also thinking about taking up Planetside, now that it's available for
>> $10 with a month's subscription. Seems more Tribes-like than T:V has been.
>> Many of my teammates are avid fans.
>
>PS is the most annoying game I've ever played.
>Played for a month with friends and still felt annoyed.
>
>But hey. I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys the 'war-type-chaotic'*feel
>it has, which is CERTAINLY NOT WHAT TRIBES IS ABOUT!
>
>*By that i mean...every weapon will kill you in less than a second.

Oooooh, renegades!

RagManX
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 3:42:47 AM

Randy Graham wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 15:07:06 -0400, Polarhound
> <Polarhound@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>>Bryan Lee wrote:
>>

>>>atfer playing the beta. How many think they will buy the full version?
>>><2old.gamez@last.com> wrote in message

>>As long as it's not the waste of money that Sacred and Doom 3 were.
>>
>>$100 combined for both of them, played for a grand total of 2-3 hours
>>before I got bored of them.
>

> Want to sell either for cheap? Hell, I don't even have time to play,
> but I want both games. Just waiting for the prices to come down more.

I may still have Sacred around, but I gave Doom 3 to my brother. I'll
see what I can dig up.
Anonymous
September 22, 2004 11:43:13 AM

"Randy Graham" <ragmanx@gamerdemos.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 10:03:49 +0000 (UTC), "Adrian Ng"
> <spam.ng@btopenworld.com> wrote:
>

> >"ScratchMonkey" <ScratchMonkey.blacklist@sewingwitch.com> wrote in
message
> >> "Bryan Lee" <bjlee@rcn.com> wrote in news:414c5d60$0$2670
> >> $61fed72c@news.rcn.com:
> >> I'm also thinking about taking up Planetside, now that it's available
for
> >> $10 with a month's subscription. Seems more Tribes-like than T:V has
been.
> >> Many of my teammates are avid fans.
> >
> >PS is the most annoying game I've ever played.
> >Played for a month with friends and still felt annoyed.
> >
> >But hey. I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys the
'war-type-chaotic'*feel
> >it has, which is CERTAINLY NOT WHAT TRIBES IS ABOUT!
> >
> >*By that i mean...every weapon will kill you in less than a second.
>
> Oooooh, renegades!
>
> RagManX

WEEEE
Anonymous
September 23, 2004 8:24:07 PM

On 23 Sep 2004 09:19:17 GMT, DEbig3 wrote:

> 19 ;p

.... stone?
http://www.gwydir.demon.co.uk/jo/units/weight.htm

--
"A riot is unt ugly thing, unt it's about time we had one!"
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1

DEbig3 <debig3@yahoo.com> wrote in news:Xns956D2C4785661omgwtf@130.133.1.4:

> 19 ;p

Not too much longer, and you'll be old enough for Depends, and eligible for
MA membership! :D

"Mommmmm! D's diaper is full again! It's your turn to change him!"
September 25, 2004 4:44:47 AM

DEbig3 wrote:
> One day, while skipping through the forest, I heard the voice of
> ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> coming from a tree, and
> thought, "Man, this is f*ed up," but carried on the following
> conversation anyway:
>> I did take umbrage that he dissed you and the rest of the MAs,
>> but since the first word of 'MA" is *mature*, he naturally gets a
>> pass. He's what? 17? 18? ;)
>
> 19 ;p

Oh, I *so* believe that......................NOT!

(I have you pegged at being twenty-something. Not sure
why I think so, just 'female intuition'.)

--
{{{{{{{HUGZ ! ! }}}}}}}
>^,,^< Miracle
September 25, 2004 4:46:23 AM

Mr K wrote:
> On 23 Sep 2004 09:19:17 GMT, DEbig3 wrote:
>
>> 19 ;p
>
> ... stone?
> http://www.gwydir.demon.co.uk/jo/units/weight.htm

266 pounds?!?!?!?!?

Well, that *would* explain the "big" part of his nick...........

;)

--
>^,,^< Miracle/DkAngel
September 25, 2004 4:49:12 AM

ScratchMonkey wrote:
> DEbig3 <debig3@yahoo.com> wrote in
>
>> 19 ;p
>
> Not too much longer, and you'll be old enough for Depends, and
> eligible for MA membership! :D
>
> "Mommmmm! D's diaper is full again! It's your turn to change him!"

I have a sinking feeling that I never should have referred to
myself as the granny of this group......................

--
>^,,^< Miracle/DkAngel
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 3:49:19 AM

>^,,^< Miracle's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through
>his body were:
> DEbig3 wrote:
>> One day, while skipping through the forest, I heard the voice of
>> ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> coming from a tree, and
>> thought, "Man, this is f*ed up," but carried on the following
>> conversation anyway:
>>> I did take umbrage that he dissed you and the rest of the MAs,
>>> but since the first word of 'MA" is *mature*, he naturally gets a
>>> pass. He's what? 17? 18? ;)
>>
>> 19 ;p
> Oh, I *so* believe that......................NOT!
> (I have you pegged at being twenty-something. Not sure
> why I think so, just 'female intuition'.)

I thought I was the youngest of the group, with DEbig being quite a bit
older than me. And today is my 20th birthday, so he's gotta be older
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 3:50:54 PM

">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:2rkm3uF1bn89lU1@uni-
berlin.de:

>> 19 ;p
>
> Oh, I *so* believe that......................NOT!
>
> (I have you pegged at being twenty-something. Not sure
> why I think so, just 'female intuition'.)

Maybe he's 19 in dog years.

(I've got a t-shirt with a cartoon of a dog skeleton. The caption: "In dog
years, I'm dead.")
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 10:59:26 PM

>^,,^< Miracle wrote:
> Hellmark wrote:
>
>>I know how that is. Too much to do, too little time.
>
> And it gets worse as you get older! Time flys by so fast,
> it ain't *even* funny.

Who's the schmuck who came up with 40-hour weeks, anyway? That doesn't
really leave you time to, y'know, live.

My dreamjob would probably be one where I can either do something like
5x5 hours a week, or else perhaps 3x8, and even make enough money to live.

Then, if more people got that, there's be more employment oppertunities,
and as such unemployment would plummet, boosting the economy, and paving
the way for Frank Day, which will be instated precisely one year after I
become Earth's hegemon.
--
Frank
Anonymous

Frank van Schie's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through
his body were:
> >^,,^< Miracle wrote:
>> Hellmark wrote:
>>>I know how that is. Too much to do, too little time
>> And it gets worse as you get older! Time flys by so fast,
>> it ain't *even* funny.
> Who's the schmuck who came up with 40-hour weeks, anyway? That doesn't
> really leave you time to, y'know, live.

only 40? I typically pull 50 hour weeks, and sometimes more. Try doing
that, and moving at the same time. Really have no free time then.

> My dreamjob would probably be one where I can either do something like
> 5x5 hours a week, or else perhaps 3x8, and even make enough money to live.

My dream job would be to be able to do the stuff I do online (art,
programming, etc) but get paid for it.
September 30, 2004 3:00:53 AM

Frank van Schie wrote:
>> ^,,^< Miracle wrote:
>> Hellmark wrote:
>>
>>> I know how that is. Too much to do, too little time.
>>
>> And it gets worse as you get older! Time flys by so fast,
>> it ain't *even* funny.
>
> Who's the schmuck who came up with 40-hour weeks, anyway? That doesn't
> really leave you time to, y'know, live.
>
> My dreamjob would probably be one where I can either do something like
> 5x5 hours a week, or else perhaps 3x8, and even make enough money to
> live.
>
> Then, if more people got that, there's be more employment
> oppertunities, and as such unemployment would plummet, boosting the
> economy, and paving the way for Frank Day, which will be instated
> precisely one year after I become Earth's hegemon.

Okay, I'll play- what date would you declare as Frank Day? I need
to mark my calendar.................

--
>^,,^< Miracle/DkAngel
Anonymous
October 1, 2004 5:06:13 AM

>^,,^< Miracle wrote:

> Frank van Schie wrote:
>
>>My dreamjob would probably be one where I can either do something like
>>5x5 hours a week, or else perhaps 3x8, and even make enough money to
>>live.
>>
>>Then, if more people got that, there's be more employment
>>oppertunities, and as such unemployment would plummet, boosting the
>>economy, and paving the way for Frank Day, which will be instated
>>precisely one year after I become Earth's hegemon.
>
> Okay, I'll play- what date would you declare as Frank Day? I need
> to mark my calendar.................

When I am Hegemon of Earth I will change the calendar system to 13
months of 28 days, leaving exactly one day (not counting leap years,
which would still have to exist, of course) for this wonderful and
blessed celebration.

It's location in our present-day calendar would have no meaning.
--
Frank
Anonymous

Hellmark wrote:

>>Who's the schmuck who came up with 40-hour weeks, anyway? That doesn't
>>really leave you time to, y'know, live.
>
> only 40? I typically pull 50 hour weeks, and sometimes more. Try doing
> that, and moving at the same time. Really have no free time then.

Yeah, well, my internship week is about 32 hours, plus 17 hours working
for money, plus a side project for a little bit of cash, plus a lazy
streak, leaves me doing nothing.

>>My dreamjob would probably be one where I can either do something like
>>5x5 hours a week, or else perhaps 3x8, and even make enough money to live.
>
> My dream job would be to be able to do the stuff I do online (art,
> programming, etc) but get paid for it.

Learn better art and sell it. Oil paintings apparently sell pretty well,
even small ones.
--
Frank
Anonymous

Frank van Schie's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through
his body were:
> Hellmark wrote:
>> My dream job would be to be able to do the stuff I do online (art,
>> programming, etc) but get paid for it.
> Learn better art and sell it. Oil paintings apparently sell pretty well,
> even small ones.

Not always, still takes alot to be able to sell it for any profit.
October 2, 2004 4:34:30 AM

Frank van Schie wrote:
> When I am Hegemon of Earth I will change the calendar system to 13
> months of 28 days, leaving exactly one day (not counting leap years,
> which would still have to exist, of course) for this wonderful and
> blessed celebration.
>
> It's location in our present-day calendar would have no meaning.

But My Liege, how will I know when to bow to the East in honor
of Frank Day?

--
>^,,^< Miracle/DkAngel, tongue firmly in cheek
Anonymous
October 2, 2004 5:22:26 PM

">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:2s744gF1i9e7bU1@uni-
berlin.de:

> But My Liege, how will I know when to bow to the East in honor
> of Frank Day?

Shows how much I know -- I was dropping my pants and bowing to the West. ;)
Anonymous
October 3, 2004 2:43:46 PM

ScratchMonkey wrote:

> ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in news:2s744gF1i9e7bU1@uni-
> berlin.de:
>

>> But My Liege, how will I know when to bow to the East in honor
>>of Frank Day?

Simple. The people of Earth will be made to know. And bow.

> Shows how much I know -- I was dropping my pants and bowing to the West. ;)

Especially rebel scum, like this.

--
Frank
October 4, 2004 2:14:06 AM

ScratchMonkey wrote:
> ">^,,^< Miracle" <miracle@spamcop.net> wrote in
> news:2s744gF1i9e7bU1@uni- berlin.de:
>
>> But My Liege, how will I know when to bow to the East in honor
>> of Frank Day?
>
> Shows how much I know -- I was dropping my pants and bowing to the
> West. ;)

That works! We'll just tell Frank it's a vertical smile. :D

--
!