Cable Modem question

Hello all,

Do cable modems make a difference in speed? I have one from my ISP, but it looks like its from 1812. I was wondering if I buy a new one, if it would speed up my connection.

Thanks in advance all...

Haljon
5 answers Last reply
More about cable modem question
  1. not likely, unless theres somthing wrong with it.

wpdclan.com cs game server - 64.246.52.144:27015
    now featuring (optional) cheating death!
  2. haljon .. if you take your old modem and use modemBoost software you can Tweak up the LmC (Local Mechanic Command) and raise it ten times what the # is .... and then tweak up your BWU and BWD ratings those are your bandwidth UP and Bandwith DOWN settings and you will be able to reach anywhere from 3 mb's up and Down................. if you get caught you will be in SERIOUS trouble...

LMAO ROFL.

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
    80gb Maxtor
    200gb WD 8mb cache..
    Lian-Li PC-60
    LiteOn 52X/LiteOn 811s DVD-RW
    AMD XP2800+
    LeadTek GF4Ti4200 128mb
    Hitachi CML174
    1GB Corsair XMS PC3200
  3. that doesnt work anymore. the modems are reprogramed when you sign onto the isp network.

4. "haljon .. if you take your old modem and use modemBoost software you can Tweak up the LmC (Local Mechanic Command) and raise it ten times what the # is .... and then tweak up your BWU and BWD ratings those are your bandwidth UP and Bandwith DOWN settings and you will be able to reach anywhere from 3 mb's up and Down................. if you get caught you will be in SERIOUS trouble..."

bro i was only fooling with the whole post... did you even read the crap i said..lol

"Tweak up the LmC (Local Mechanic Command)" = totally made up
    "BWU" "BWD" ? TOTALLY MADE UP AS WELL lmao..lol

yes i know you can tweak your modem and stuff, but this was beyond made up...lol

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
    80gb Maxtor
    200gb WD 8mb cache..
    Lian-Li PC-60
    LiteOn 52X/LiteOn 811s DVD-RW
    AMD XP2800+
    LeadTek GF4Ti4200 128mb
    Hitachi CML174
    1GB Corsair XMS PC3200
  5. lol, i didnt really read it, i just saw that you were talking about doing it.

Ask a new question

Read More

Routers Internet Service Providers Modem Cable Networking