GA-P35-DS3L was overclocked, and just defaulted back?

onesock

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2008
I was running a GA-P35-DS3L Gigabyte board and a e8400... It was running at 400x9 ( 3.6 ghz ) pretty generic overclock.

Well after Windows updates today, as my computer was restarting, it did the off/on thing it does when it wont accept the overclock...

I went back in, and everything was set to default. So I put it back at it's normal OC settings, and still won't start. Tried bumping up the vcore, and lowering the FSB and still won't boot up. It's been running at 3.6 for the past 4 months stable, 0 problems.

It will boot up with default settings though...

Any ideas? This is really stressful because mid terms are due soon. :(

Kaippar

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2008
I have a GA-P35-DS4 board and e8400 and i had same kind of problem.

My system wouldn't boot when overclocked to 3.6Ghz if I had setting called "Performance Enhance" on anything else than normal.

This setting is in bios menu "MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T)"

onesock

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2008
It was booting for the past 4 months, and all of a sudden when Windows restarts from the software update it wont boot, and defaults back to the default settings...

montanabay

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
same problem with EP35_DS3L + E8400

unfortunately on the same day I installed RivaTuner to OC my GPU, so I thought that was the problem.

But on that first restart my 3.6Ghz OC that had been stable for months failed at the BIOS window and restarted with the default BIOS. I had my 3.3, 3.6, and 4.0Ghz (stable) configurations saved in the BIOS. NONE of them will boot now, no matter what I do.

Probably going to flash the beta BIOS and my card driver to see if I can start from scratch.

TRENDING THREADS