Lost Windows XP Style Display

G

I'm running Windows XP Pro 2002 Service Pack 3. My system went down due to some viruses. I received it back from the shop but now I can't get my XP Style back. I only have Windows Classic style as the only option. I checked the file services.msc but everything looks normal there in Themes, it is supposedly running and Service status is Started. I tried stopping it and starting it again, but nothing changes. Do I need to reinstall Windows? If I reinstall Windoes would I have to reinstall all my programs and set up all my settings again?

Tried right-clicking on vacant area of desktop, select "Properties" then "Themes" tab, make settings, then "Desktop" tab, make settings, then "Appearance" tab, make settings?

Sounds like you have tried high-level fixes, how about mundane user fixes?

G

That's the problem, the option for XP Style is not listed, only Windows Classic Style appears in the tab for Appearance.

That's the problem, the option for XP Style is not listed, only Windows Classic Style appears in the tab for Appearance.

Look in Windows\Resources\Themes\luna
There should be a file named Luna.msstyles and is listed as 4,093 KB.
This will be most of the XP theme.

If you don't see this folder, don't mess up your Windows. There is a way to show the resources folder.

The resources folder can be copied from another XP machine if it is truly not there.

G

Dear Mr. Tigsounds,

Roar...
You deserve a raise. Thanks. I copied the file from another machine and voila, it works great.

squint

Dear Mr. Tigsounds,

Roar...
You deserve a raise. Thanks. I copied the file from another machine and voila, it works great.

squint

So... You know about our Tigritos. :)

Nice to see it works again. :hello:

(a raise? no, this is all voluntary, all we can hope for is a "Best Answer" award (hint: it's just below the "Reply to Tigsounds:" button, up at frame that had the instructions)