stupid question, but serious to me>....

jhyukkang

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2007
i just bought vx 450 from buy.com. by google checkout. i just made 2 accounts, after the check out, i lost my account for the buy.com... did i got hacked? im so worried. what can i do here? buy.com says there is no my account(according to my email, it doesnt have my email)

is buy.com and google check out safe place to buy?

does your card number saves on to the buy.com account even though you bought it through the google account?

has anyone ever bought a thing same as i did?

akhilles

Splendid
Yes, they're safe. It's not the site that is unsafe. It's the people. It doesn't matter if you're a black belt in martial arts, you'll hand over the money if someone sticks a guy in your head.

Same with ebay. The site is safe. Some sellers/buyers are not.

No information will be deleted from a server with "good" management. The inactive (aka deleted) info will be moved to another table or server. Even if the customer has to re-enter the credit card info every time they make a purchase. That's why we hear news about some sites losing customer info & even credit card #'s when they shouldn't be stored in the 1st place.

pous

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2007
Site should be safe like said. I ordered my PSU from them, only problem I had was SLOW shipping. It was worth it to me in future purchases to pay the extra $$ at newegg and get faster shipping.

jhyukkang

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2007
i went into the google account, and i deleted all my info.
do you think it is possible to copy my card number and use it somewhere else? i hope not.
i called the card company, there was nothing except for the psu i bought
im worring for the future...

amd_fanboi

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2008
don't worry... just make sure you hawk over your bank statement and also see if you can't get them to text you whenever something happens to your account... but you should eb good :D

oushi

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2008
Google checkout accounts and buy.com accounts are two separate things. It sounds to me like you made a new google account but tried to log into buy.com to check your order information, which would give you a message saying the account doesn't exist... you should be fine.

If you need to look up your order, you need to go through google's checkout page or look it up on buy.com using the order number. You cannot log into buy.com with your email unless you've created a separate buy.com account, which it sounds like you did not do.