what thermal grease does every1 recommend

mainiac

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2008
I have heard that the new Super Thermal Grease (ZM-STG1) from zalman is leetness for ocing but found arctic silver to hold up longer

mainiac

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2008
well ive also been using zalman super grease and found it has made a huge tem diff from 57c to 27c which is a massive drop

mainiac

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2008
well doubt how ever much u feel like it mate cause i have the results in front of me .....

and its not like your doubtfull replies bother me

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Thats nice. 7200 RPM. Please link me to your fan specs, manufacturer web site or purchase point will do. 7200 rpm.... right. Must be one of those tiny older ones with a 60mm fan or so.

Cooler fan? Odd way for a pro to say a CPU HS fan.

Okayyyy.

mainiac

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2008
Mate Nobody is a pro everyone still learns new thing/tricks/tips so hush now

also its a modified standard intel LGA775 Fan with HS

I f you doubt me mate go try it just get a newer intel HS with the fan and between the top of the plastic casing athe the controller baord for the fan u'll see tiny resistors/diode's all you have to do is remove all but one of them and reinsall the HS
and go have a look at your fan speeds ok

next time try not to make comments on what others have experienced until you have completely Tested the advise someone has told you

you assumed mate (ASS U ME)

Have nice time matey :kaola: :kaola: :kaola:

Conumdrum

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
Okay. You have a stock HS on the CPU. Now we know. Thanks.

If I was still on air cooling I'd slap my aftermarket HS on there, turn it down to whisper quiet and be happy.

You just came in here with blather and no real input and crytic temp changes which we all have trouble believing.

Time for me to ignore this theread I guess.