Sign in with
Your question

My computer not showing New Drive

Last response: in Storage
April 22, 2009 4:51:18 AM

Using Vista 64, new hard drive WD 1 Terabyte, just installed, formatted partitioned, and assigned letter to new drive
shows up in Bios, but
my computer not showing it
cant send files to new drive

Can anyone tell me how I can activate it?

More about : computer showing drive

April 22, 2009 5:28:16 AM

el168 said:
Using Vista 64, new hard drive WD 1 Terabyte, just installed, formatted partitioned, and assigned letter to new drive
shows up in Bios, but
my computer not showing it
cant send files to new drive

Can anyone tell me how I can activate it?

Assuming you installed vista correctly (just following the CD installer) and now can go to your desktop running vista, click start menu-> right click computer-> click manage-> double click Disk Management when the program pops up and right click the partition you are having troubles with. Then click "mark partition as active". You can also manage your partitions from this menu and do whatever you need. Hope this helps.
April 22, 2009 3:30:23 PM

My new drive is active, healthy, partitioned, usable but MY Computer doesnt show it

I can actually put files in it, and copy it to C
I can't copy files from C and send it to the new drive L

somehow, Vista is not allowing C to send files to the new drive, however, plugging in an external drive, it shows up
April 24, 2009 1:58:20 AM

ok, Thanks for your help. I finally got it fixed. Had to bring it to the Geek Squad guy and he added a link to my windows menu. He said something about fixing the registry. I admit, I'm not brave enough to mess with the registry.

Related resources
!