FLASH DRIVE WRITE PROTECTED

GAGNEJA

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
My USB flash drive,whenever inserted in USB of my Laptop shows Write Protected. There is a data of 3.7 GB in it. Properties shows that but visible data is only 1.5 GB. Some noble gentleman help me to sort out the problem by mail.

Thanks

Ashwani Gagneja
gagneja@gmail.com

r_manic

Administrator
Please do not post your email publicly, you're exposing yourself to spammers. May I ask what flash drive you are using? Did it come with software? Maybe the software was used before to activate write protection.

GAGNEJA

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009

Dear Friend

Thanks for the advice for not posting EM ID. The Flash Drive did not come with any Software. It is Transcend 4 GB. Had used it many times before. But this problem came up first time.

Will be grateful, if U can suggest the recovery of Data.

Thanks & Best Regards

Ashwani

GAGNEJA

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009

Dear Friend Thanks for the reply. It is Transcend 4 GB. Had used it many times before. But this problem came up first time. Will be grateful, if U can suggest the recovery of Data. Thanks & Best Regards Ashwani

GAGNEJA

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009

Dear friend

I tried it in atleast 4 Computers, but same result

GAGNEJA

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009

tried to locate at transcend site. but they ask for serial no. of the product, which i do not have

john coward

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
simple way, old fashon method. destroy chineese software hidden on thumb drv.
find utility program that writes (hexff, hex zero, hex null, pick any thing ) to thumb drv.
advantage: quick, eazy, fast. destroyes chineese solftware . Done.
Ergo, put new partition on , put new file system on, Guess why thumb drv now faster than before
and u will have all of space available.
Best method is use APPLE computer, apple software to write zeros to thumb drv.
Worst way is to use WINDOWS .
Number one best most used by all , any computer using linux or other such.
Live free EFF, or D...