asus P5ND2-SLI motherboard core 2 quad compatibility

I have an asus P5ND2-SLI motherboard and want to know if it will support a core 2 quad cpu. If not, what is the largest cpu it will support? Thanks.
6 answers Last reply
More about asus p5nd2 motherboard core quad compatibility
  1. probably Pentium Extreme Edition im not too good with pentium processors im not sure if the pentuim D is better but if your gonna get a pentium processor then get one with hyper-treading and overclock it
    https://usm.channelonline.com/maglobal/storesite/Products/Specifications/?id=M002467937
    from the FSB and scoket specs it seems to be able to use core 2 duo and maybe quad but the compatible processors say only Pentium ones.

Maybe consider a better mobo?
  2. ^ ????

Did you even bother to look up the motherboard on Asus's website?

http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=558&l1=3&l2=11&l3=227&l4=0

Quote:
    Socket775 for Intel® Pentium Processor Extreme Edition / Pentium D* / Pentium 4 / Celeron CPU

As an NF4 chipset, it can't support any of the C2D/C2Q CPUs. You will need to upgrade your motherboard if you want to upgrade your CPU.
  3. the best CPU you could get is the Pentium Processor Extreme Edition 965
    you would defenitly wanna upgrade your mobo.
    right now the best cpu solution is to get a C2D and overclock the hell out of it.
  4. That isnt true, with a bios flash it the p5nd2-sli will run a c2d, i just dont know about a quad core. The manufactures website says it will not, but that is incorrect. It can be made to work.
  5. frenchsquared said:
    That isnt true, with a bios flash it the p5nd2-sli will run a c2d, i just dont know about a quad core. The manufactures website says it will not, but that is incorrect. It can be made to work.

French, your reply is over 2 months old, but I'd like some further comment on this issue. I've flashed my P5nd2-sli's bio to the latest version (0701, I believe), and would like to know if that's all I need in order for it to run a core 2 duo. If not, what other steps would be necessary?

Thanks in advance,

Circiter
  6. frenchsquared said:
    That isnt true, with a bios flash it the p5nd2-sli will run a c2d, i just dont know about a quad core. The manufactures website says it will not, but that is incorrect. It can be made to work.

Hi french,

What is your P5ND2-SLI rev#?? and what is the C2D CPU you have tried???
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Core SLI Motherboards