Sign in with
Your question

How to delete an MSN Messenger account?

Last response: in Windows XP
July 27, 2010 6:16:03 PM

Hello,

I had a hotmail email-account, which was suspended a long time ago because I deliberately left it inactive for more than 90days (or whatever it is).

I had presumed that this would mean that the associated Windows Live messenger account would also become inactive, but I am still able to log into messenger with this account, ie. it is still alive.

So please could someone tell me how to get rid of it. I want to completely delete this Messenger account.

Would be soo grateful for a response . Many thanks in advance.
July 27, 2010 6:41:37 PM

Yes, I've been googling for hours with no joy, hence I posted here.
Related resources
July 27, 2010 6:47:32 PM

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. I do not use Windows Live mesenger. I opened the Windows Live Program folder and deleted Windows Live messenger installation from my system. Not sure if that is what you are asking.
July 27, 2010 6:57:11 PM

Thanks.
The problem I am having is: Although my hotmail email account seems to be suspended (no emails are deliverable to this address anymore) whenever I log into Messenger my account appears to still be active, ie I am able to log in.

So i wondered why this is happening. I just want to completely delete this account so that i can no longer sign into anything Windows Live-related with it
!