Sign in with
Your question

ASRock Wolfdale 1333-D667 Question

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • ASrock
Last response: in Motherboards
May 4, 2008 2:52:29 AM

Hi all, I am relatively new to all this stuff, so I have a question for you guys.

I am in the process of building a new PC and the components I have got so far are:

ASRock Wolfdale 1333-D667 Motherboard
Inno3D 8800GT Overclock Video Card
Intel E8400 Processor

Now, the question I have is that the motherboard supports a 1333 FSB but it also overclocks the PCI-E slot to 115MHz when it does so. (I don't believe you can lock it to 100MHz on this board.) Is it safe to run an already overclocked video card AND overclock the PCI-E slot at the same time?

I have read little bits and pieces from people who do it but there is nothing definitive yet.

Am I headed for trouble? Thanks in advance.

More about : asrock wolfdale 1333 d667 question

May 4, 2008 4:16:18 AM

Do you have to have a microATX mobo?
cause that is not the best mobo and frankly i havent heard of the company.
finnaly are you going to SLI or Crossfire?
and only 2 memory slots?
are you gonna use RAM at 800 MHz or 1066?
no quad-core support? are you gonna upgrade the CPU?

it all burns down to how are you gonna use your PC?
May 4, 2008 5:09:26 AM

You've made good points, thanks.

I am actually going to buy a more future proof model now, as I got this one for VERY cheap.

Related resources
May 4, 2008 5:38:00 AM

theTHiiiNG said:
... Is it safe to run an already overclocked video card AND overclock the PCI-E slot at the same time?

Not likely. As the previous poster said, it's easy to select a much better quality MB.
May 4, 2008 6:21:57 AM

AFAIK the PCIe OC is not related to the card OC. The PCIe OC won't damage anything it will just crash, due to RAM etc. instability. Apparently ~120 is the limit. Not to say that 115 won't be unstable.

Don't buy a cheap micro ATX mobo unless you need the form factor, it's not worth the aggravation.

Get a P35 mobo
May 4, 2008 10:10:43 AM

Thanks for all your help guys, you've saved me a lot of heart ache in the future.
!