Microsoft's Anti-Spyware Beta

August 3, 2005 12:19:52 PM

I just installed this program from MS. The first time I started my computer
it tried to hijack my home page and switch it to MSN.com! WTF is that? I
need an anti-spyware to protect me from MS spyware? (I also have the
program Spyware Guard and it alerted me to what was going on.)

The program seems to work OK, it found a couple of things Adaware missed,
but I think it's pretty lame that it tried to hijack my home page.
August 3, 2005 2:33:21 PM

Patch wrote:
> I just installed this program from MS. The first time I started my
> computer it tried to hijack my home page and switch it to MSN.com!
> WTF is that? I need an anti-spyware to protect me from MS spyware?
> (I also have the program Spyware Guard and it alerted me to what was
> going on.)
>
> The program seems to work OK, it found a couple of things Adaware
> missed, but I think it's pretty lame that it tried to hijack my home
> page.

MSN.com was most likely the default home page of your system when it was
new,MASB knew this and was reverting it back (thinking it was hijacked) all
you need to do is tell it your new home page and it won't do this anymore.

--
Mike Pawlak
August 8, 2005 2:59:28 PM

"Patch" <bob_acord@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I just installed this program from MS. The first time
>I started my computer it tried to hijack my home page
>and switch it to MSN.com! WTF is that? I need an
>anti-spyware to protect me from MS spyware? (I also
>have the program Spyware Guard and it alerted me to
>what was going on.)
>
> The program seems to work OK, it found a couple of
> things Adaware missed, but I think it's pretty lame
> that it tried to hijack my home page.

lol, that's pathetic, isn't it? It seems to be a
permanent "feature" of anything microsoftic. Guard did
its job; appreciate it and forget the egocentricity of
MS for now.

Pop
!