Help! "Error loading operating system message"

doje1999

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
Ahhhh! I just built my first computer in a while and managed to jack up the formatting process after I got everything together. I got a E5200 on gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L with a WD Black 640 gb hard drive. Well, I began formatting my hard drive last night and got really tired and ended up shutting off my cpu during the process like a total noob. Now I'm facing an "Error loading operating system message" right after post. Everything loads right during post and the mobo reads everything properly. I tried booting from the CD by making the bios only boot from there, but after it says do you want to boot from cd, it just hangs a bit, then says push any button to boot from cd (i'm pushing many buttons by this time) and then "Error loading operating system" Please help!

I did some research and apparently it has something to do with the BIOS communicating with my hard drive's master boot record. I'm not too sure what to do. I can't boot from the CD and dunno what I shold do next, please help, this is such a bummer. THANKS!

r_manic

Administrator
Hmmmm... tricky indeed. Can your BIOS boot with USB drives? You can try making an external hard disk or flash drive bootable, and access your files, back them up, reformat your internal hard disk, and reinstall Windows.

doje1999

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
Thanks for the help. I figured it out by tweaking out the BIOS. I had to enable usb keyboard and a couple other things which eventually allowed me to boot from the CD. i reformatted and stayed up this time all the way through, lol :), installed windows xp and everything is gravy. Man, the Western Digital Black is outrageously fast and quiet. loving my new rig! Now onto OCing...

Latest posts