Flash Drive not recognizing, error pops up

Konraden

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2009
I don't know the format for posting problems around here (first timer :().

Basically, I have a flash drive here, Attache 2gig. It will not recognize on the current computer. I have tried other ports, and it still fails to recognize. I have tried other computers, and it does recognize. I'm not sure really how to fix it.

It's a custom computer, so tech support aside from myself is out of the question. I'm running an XP Pro 32bit machine, no VGA or SFX card. Everything is on the mobo.

At first I thought it may have been the drivers until I received a message when I plugged in the device.

Application popup: Windows - No Disk : Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c

I checked the event viewer for whatever else I could find.

The Logical Disk Manager Service failed while registering for device handle notifications on device \\?\STORAGE#RemovableMedia#7&108f45cc&0&RM#{53f5630d-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}. Win32 Error: 565.

The Logical Disk Management Admin Service starts and stops as needed, but it isn't registering my flash drive. I do not have any other flash drives on me to confirm if it is this particular drive on this particular computer that is causing the problem, but I am unsure.

I also am not sure if it is the USB or Chipset drivers. I'm not really sure how to proceed. Tips? I know my way around these new fangled machines, so don't worry to much about "is the power on" answers. If possible, just give me a whole list of things to try, and I'll knock 'em off one by one until I find the solution. If you need more information, you can ask for that too.

In an unrelated note, my dog sneezed, and I just blessed him: Never done that before.

G

Hello i have the very same problem and guess what, My computer is custome made as well. Ive tried everything, Tried safe mode, Searchin on microsoft support they have nothin. Ive asked alot of tech geeks i know and none have ever herd of this LDMS/Win32 Error thing. I have 2 flash drives and they both dont work its wierd because my keyboard still works and it works on the same system doesent it? Well anyway i have found some info at:

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-118067.php

but the down side is that you have to pay for extra information, I found this by typing "LDMS Error 3023" into the google search engine and it comes up with loads of stuff. Well anyway i hope this is usefull and if anyone finds more info please post ill keep checkin in and addin more info as i find it.

Good Luck And Happy Hunting
Posted By Dan EKA RedWolf :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

G

I dont want to repeat, but the same problem I have with my PC.

I would add that in computer management console - in Disk management - I HAVE NO DISCS displayed. The list is empty. No C or D or any other drive. In disk defragmenter I have all HDD listed but its impossible to analyze or defragment any of them.

USB devices that I plugged in before this happened are still working. Even external USB HDD is recognized (it was plugged in before this problem).

But when I try to use USB Memory stick, or connect my camera with PC, nothing works.
In short, it is impossible to connect any new device that needs to report new removable disk.

I have 1 error report and 3 warning reports:

ERROR REPORT:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: LDMS
Event Category: None
Event ID: 3023
Date: 31.5.2009
Time: 11:51:36
User: N/A
Computer: HOME-1
Description:
The Logical Disk Manager Service failed while registering for device handle notifications on device \\?\STORAGE#RemovableMedia#7&3d6775e&0&RM#{53f5630d-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}. Win32 Error: 565.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

WARNING REPORT:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Removable Storage Service
Event Category: None
Event ID: 128
Date: 31.5.2009
Time: 11:51:36
User: N/A
Computer: HOME-1
Description:
The device number of a(n) disk drive cannot be determined. This device failed to configure. This event may be logged several times for the same device.
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

jorellyoung

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
(broken record)

I have the same issue, but with some interesting caveats:

First off, if I install the flash drive, go to storage management, I still see the drive, but its categorized as 'unallocated space'.

The drive will ONLY be recognized if I switch the 'mode' of accessing it, from whatever it's currently at, to the other option (these are the options that allow you to either use removable storage 'quickly', or to have to 'eject hardware' each time)

Once I have switched to the other option, it then becomes available; but only for that session of windows.

So, you can try that as a temporary work around... but then you'll be looking the same solution I am :)