around $1500, vid questions, gaming rig, need help soon

braves00fan7

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2005
intel quad q6600 + XfX nforce 680i +2g pc 6400+ atx case + 500w supply=$379 <--- barebones kit, want that proc. or something similiar but unsure of the board and power supply... dont care about the case just need something with room

thermaltake v1 - 59.99 < wanting that ultra chilltec, but unsure of how big it is.. and if it will fit in the case.. also wanting an excellent cooler but not sure which to pick. i read the cooler review but tiger doesn't have the few that are at the top =(

2g ram corsair twinx 6400-$75 <-- have heard some iffy stuff about this ram, unsure of why. maybe you could help?

creative blaster extreme-$65

barracuda 7200 500g-$109 <<<--better options for around the same price???

acer 22"lcd- $249

ok now the debate do i go with the xfx 8800 gtx
or do i do dual 9600's??? ORRRRRR a better option for around that 300-400 price range....

and of course i suppose i should really go with vista even though i dont want to.. but what version etc... out of the loop currently in that area especially..

one catch.. since work is paying for the comp. it all has to be on 1 p.o. after bad experiences with newegg in the past i'm gonna go tiger this time, thats what all these prices are for. however i'm still open to suggestions even if they don't carry the object. I may be able to convince them to take multiple po's (i.e. different places)

also wondering about the monitor, for the price they have on it right now i can't see me paying 20 bucks less for something that is 3 inches smaller.. but i dont really know if i need a 22... play games like ut2k4.. and bf2...

help plz =D

akhilles

Splendid
Doesn't TD have barebone combos with only cpu & mobo?

Look for a brand name 450w+ psu:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=108088

You can see how the cooler fits a standard atx case:

Code:
http://images.google.ca/images?q=thermaltake+v1&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi

Neither. go with 8800GTS 512. Overclock it if need be.

Zipzoomfly is another one to look at. Go to some forums that have recommended store stickies.

Vista Home Premium at the minimum if you want Aero eyecandy.