Have important ? About Grafix for our pcs

ninmario4life

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2008
Hi guys i have a important question,me and my girlfriend have xfx 780i motherboards and have crossairs hx 620 watt power suppleys now the question is should we get the nvidia 9800 gx2 or should we wait for the ati 4870x2 card to come out and get that instead?i really want to get a card that has a built in hdmi port that is why i am asking this question.Also we have LG 24 inch monitors with ultrafine 10,000:1 contrast ratio and 1920 x 1200 resolution.Thanks!

dev1se

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
I think this guy just wants to brag that he has all this high spec equipment, aswell as managing to hold down a relationship.

We didnt need to know all the Ultrafine business but... nonetheless... if you're using these machines for gaming then go for a GX2 that has HDMI.

At least then you have the option of Quad SLi at a later date... seeing as though you have a money tree in bloom at the bottom of your garden.

ninmario4life

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2008
i have a hdtv that has hdmi inputs and i like to have the latest tech.my plan is to use the dvi out for my monitor and use the hdmi out to send the audio and video to my lcd tv.i strictcly have all my vide game systems hooked up to it and plan on using my pc on it also.i have a seperate tv for our fios tv.this way if my nephew wants to plan a game on my pc he can use the monitor and i can use the lcd or vice versa.i know that dvi is compatable with hdmi but it only carrries the video and not audio wich im shure u all know and i dont want to get into getting extra equiment.yes i know i could do sli with 2 8800gts's but they dont have hdmi.i think i might wait and see like LAN_deRf_HA said.thats real funny dev1se not.i do not brag like you say unlinke ppl on newegg that have to insert there whole pc specs in custemore reviews just to show off now thats bragging.but i apriciate you help guys.thanks a bunch guys.oh yeah i like your pic with the ps3 dev1se now thats funny.lol.

4745454b

Titan
Correct me if I'm wrong, but not all 8 series cards support HDMI. Not sure if this has been fixed with the 9 series. If you want to use dual monitors, you should go with AMD. Nvidia's SLI tech doesn't support dual screens. AMD doesn't either, but it at least will automatically turn off the second screen if you load up a video game. (if you go SLI, then you'll have to do it yourself.) Based off of this, I'd get either a single card, or the 3870x2/4870x2. (AMD's cards don't support DMI "natively", but it should come with that neat adapter.)

ninmario4life

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2008
good point 4745454b.now lets say i have that 9800gx2 :ouch: with my moniotor setup as primary and my lcd tv setup as secondary would my pc beable to show the video still if i were to lets say take it to our family room where we also have a hdtv with hdmi inputs and i hooked it up with a hdmi cable using the hdmi out,would i beable to use that tv as a monitor or would it screw up and not show anything because of it being set up like i said before with the monitor and lcd?

4745454b

Titan
First, the 9800GX2 does natively support DMI. I couldn't see anything about SLI/dual screens however. There don't appear to be many reviews out right now (though I didn't spend a lot of time looking...) so you might want to wait for a bit.