BSOD, have to load boot menu to get to OS

keedwards2

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012
Hello,
I tried to install upgrade memory had problem, no signal to monitor. I replaced with old memory and now my system will not boot to windows. I have to load boot menu and select hard drive to get to OS The drive and memory shows up in BIOS . Also I replaced the CMOS battery and reset the jumpers on the board and the date and time will not stay, also I performed system recovery to factory settings, reinstalled Service Pack 2 and alot of updates some updates failed. Ran AVG anti-virus, no problems, ran pc tune up fixed 933 of 936 problems. Can't figure out what's going on. HELP!

keedwards2

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012

Thank you for responding. There were never any codes or error messages. I took out the new ram I ordered after I had no monitor signal and sent it back. I placed the original memory in the system that came with it when I brought it. I have run diagnostic test on the hardware and memory but not the one you have mentioned. Both hardware and software passed the test I ran. This is what confuses me is that I have no error messages. When I power up my system it goes straight to the BSOD. I shut it down and press esc and load boot menu and select hard drive and it takes me into the logon screen for Vista.

keedwards2

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012
Jury Duty have not had chance to run memtest yet. I do not see any code's. I turn on the power button the screen that comes up is HP blue screen that gives you the option of pressing keys F10, F11 F9 and esc key and freezes at this screen, maybe I'm using the proper term BSOD. I shut down the computer press f10 and it states loading setup and freezes at that screen also. I have to go into the computer and unplug the power supply to the board, pull out the sata drive connectors and reconnect them, then I restart computer then press esc key and wait for boot menu, select hard drive and slowly it takes me to the Vista Log on screen. One other issue I'm noticing is that when I first turn on the machine my keybord has no signals.

alishathomaz

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
First of all you need to update all yor drivers and install all windows updates from
windows update and scan your computer for virusis!
And i also suggest you to run CMD as administrator and write in cmd sfc/scannow
And after that in CMD run chkdsk /f and then chkdsk /r you will need to scan it on next
reboot so press Y!

keedwards2

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012

Thank you for responding. I have updated alot of windows updates, I scanned the computer with AVG Anti-virus and Microsoft Essentials, no virus was found, and I also insalled service pack 2 and this weekend I will be updating the chipset driver and all of the updated drivers from HP again. Before I had this problem I had flashed the bios with the latest version. Maybe I will re flash the bios also. I will be runing the scans you advised also first.