sarmanmanman

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
my Western digital 500gb my book (WD5000C032) has been giving me some really big problems lately. When I turn on my computer, it turns on with it and everything. It registers with the computer but instead of showing the MyBook icon it shows a regular hard drive icon and it doesn't allow access inside because it apparently isn't formatted anymore. But the thing is, sometimes i works perfectly fine when other times it doesn't work at all. The light turns on and it runs and everything, it only doesn't allow me to access anything inside of it. Someone please help me because i would rather not reformat this drive.

Solution
The drive or the enclosure are probably dying, might want to go ahead and back your data up next time you get a chance and run a hard drive scan, if it passes reformat the drive. If it is bad go ahead and replace it.

copenhagenlc

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2007
The drive or the enclosure are probably dying, might want to go ahead and back your data up next time you get a chance and run a hard drive scan, if it passes reformat the drive. If it is bad go ahead and replace it.

Solution

computernerd50

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009

Do you get any type of error message. I also have the same exact hd as yourself. Mine did that and I was able to open it by right clicking explore. I cannot activate mine at all be this is no allocation point and I am totally stuck. Any sugesstions.

TRENDING THREADS