The toolbar "file edit view tools help" disappeared

crawbar11

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012
Hello,
I was working on the problem of missing labels under the icons on the control panel (I had them before, not sure when they disappeared), and experimenting with some selections have my top menu toolbar disappeared. I have two problems. Will be obliged if somebody can help.
1. Missing toolbar on the control panel.
2. Cannot bring back the labels under my medium size icons on the control panel.

BTW, I had the same problem (2) in my windows explorer, but managed to fix it (found the instructions on internet). The actions there however do not available on control panel.

crawbar11

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012
I resolved the first problem. Here is how I got into this problem:
While looking for the solution of the second one, in the Control Panel window, I opened "Customize display of folders and files" (Folder options) and checked "Show previews and filters". That led to disappearance of the menu toolbar. After I unchecked this box, the toolbar re-appeared.

But I am still looking for solution of the second problem. Please help!

crawbar11

Honorable
Mar 25, 2012
I am sorry, my previouls solution is misleading. I tried to duplicate the scenario but the problem did not duplicate and the toolbar is there even though "Show previews and filters" is checked. So, I do not know what was the reason for the problem but the main thing for me - I do have the toolbar.

But I still have the second problem!