Sign in with
Your question

Internet disappeared on a Windows XP

Last response: in Windows XP
July 28, 2010 7:44:33 PM

Hello,
My Gateway, Win XP I store purchased 2 years ago's internet access disappeared. I have been using the internet fine and noticed one day that it cannot connect to a DSL cable. No one else uses this computer but myself. I had my cable company take a look at maybe the connections were screwed, but the cable connected to my laptop works fine. I also had an IT friend check to see if a Virus caused this problem, but the desktop is virus-free. I have all the disks I need to uninstall-reinstall but I rather go a different direction if possible. I need a little help.
July 28, 2010 8:03:15 PM

Try installing the Network Drivers for your computer. If you can not find the drivers yourself, post the model of your computer (if home built, post the model of your motherboard/network ports) and I or someone else will try to find them for you.
m
l
August 4, 2010 3:31:45 AM

This could work. Another bit of info that I accidentaly left out that might be useful to know is that the IP address needs to be reset because none were found. Not sure how to install the Network Drivers but my model info is: Gateway GT5228 PC. Thanks for the reply!
m
l
Related resources
August 23, 2010 6:39:14 AM

I haven't really heard from lazy person to my last reply. I can use anyone's help. I would rather do it myself than to pay a retail company to do it for me. Please help. Thank you all.

MJ
m
l
August 23, 2010 7:56:57 AM

majurad said:
I haven't really heard from lazy person to my last reply. I can use anyone's help. I would rather do it myself than to pay a retail company to do it for me. Please help. Thank you all.

MJ

Go through the process of running the Internet Options setup wizard.

Start>Control Panel>Internet Options>Connections>Setup

m
l
August 30, 2010 7:20:40 AM

lazyperson17 said:
Try installing the Network Drivers for your computer. If you can not find the drivers yourself, post the model of your computer (if home built, post the model of your motherboard/network ports) and I or someone else will try to find them for you.

How do I install the Network Drivers?
m
l
!