Your question

what happend to the 6400 be?

Last response: in CPUs
April 11, 2008 5:08:25 AM

its not on newegg anymore! where is it?

More about : happend 6400

April 11, 2008 5:11:42 AM

its been killed off. not sure why.

6400BE is the fastest stock cpu amd has. So if you want one, snatch it up quickly.
Related resources
April 11, 2008 7:26:02 AM

I actually emailed them to complain about how I felt I had been misled when buying the 6400+ BE. I thought it would have the unlocked multipliers as the 5000+ BE did. They told me, and I quote" That the 6400+ BE was a limited time offer COLLECTORS edition CPU!" And I said what made it a collectors edition. They said"THE BLACK BOX."
So I asked why it costed more than the regular 6400+ which came with HS/fan. And again they said "BECAUSE OF THE BLACK BOX,WHICH MAKES IT SPECIAL EDITION" So for future reference,if AMD has any item out that is in a black box, make sure to get it,because it is SPECIAL EDITION and that makes it better than the one w/o the hs/fan.
April 11, 2008 8:30:11 AM

quanger said:
its been killed off. not sure why.

6400BE is the fastest stock cpu amd has. So if you want one, snatch it up quickly.

It's being killed off because it is a 90nm part. AMD has to close thier 90nm plant so they can retool for 45nm.
April 11, 2008 8:45:07 AM

^^ sure it is nice to upgrade to 45nm which runs cooler, more efficient and possibly oc more. but dont kill your gaming flagship cpu while you reach for 45nm. I for one would never get a phenom unless it reaches 3ghz clock.
April 11, 2008 3:17:50 PM

quanger said:
^^ sure it is nice to upgrade to 45nm which runs cooler, more efficient and possibly oc more. but dont kill your gaming flagship cpu while you reach for 45nm. I for one would never get a phenom unless it reaches 3ghz clock.

Can I get a price check for one of these factories.

Then you will understand.
!